Sasha Stefanovic

cpacmel

Averaging 14.6 minutes per game as a redshirt freshman.

2 senior wings start ahead of him.

ChiRedbirdfan

He would not be coming to ISU if he was leaving Purdue....just the karma I got from Lou regarding ISU while seeing Sasha/Lou a few years in a row out on the AAU circuit. I could be wrong but he (Lou) seemed very cold on ISU.

CaliRdBrd

ChiRedbirdfan said:
He would not be coming to ISU if he was leaving Purdue....just the karma I got from Lou regarding ISU while seeing Sasha/Lou a few years in a row out on the AAU circuit. I could be wrong but he (Lou) seemed very cold on ISU.

Why?

ChiRedbirdfan

CaliRdBrd said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:

Why?

Lou gave no specific reason but quickly shrugged off the idea of Sasha playing for ISU. I asked him that twice, once when Sasha was going into high school and once after Sasha's sophomore year of high school. There was nothing negative said at all. Could be all types of reasons, good and bad, but I have no idea however it was clear that his son playing for ISU was not even on the radar for their family.

Bird Friend

ChiRedbirdfan said:
CaliRdBrd said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:

Why?

Lou gave no specific reason but quickly shrugged off the idea of Sasha playing for ISU. I asked him that twice, once when Sasha was going into high school and once after Sasha's sophomore year of high school. There was nothing negative said at all. Could be all types of reasons, good and bad, but I have no idea however it was clear that his son playing for ISU was not even on the radar for their family.

Just a guess, but could it have something to do with Donewald's firing?

Metamoron

Lou was back in town about 10 years ago for a reunion and he talked at the luncheon before Bradley game. No hint of animosity and I figured if he was upset about Donewald he wouldn’t have come back then.

SgtHulka

The Louuuuuuuuuu has made multiple appearances in RA over the years. Not exactly blackballing the program, but who knows what his personal feelings are on his kid vollowing in his vootshteps.

redbirdron1

I recall Lou being interviewed during his Sophomore year as he generally played as a sub. Radio guy asks him about scoring 10 points or so.......Lou's response was something like "Yes, all I have to do is get the minutes and I'll give the team points and rebounds." I felt that probably endeared him to crusty Donewald.
I consistently ran into Lou at the mall and he was usually dressed head to toe in black leather - he just had a swagger about him.

Adunk33

Staff member
If Sasha is a RS freshman, he would have to sit (and lose a year) to transfer here. Unless he were to get a hardship waiver to be closer to home, which the NCAA seems to be giving out left and right. 14 min per game as a freshman is pretty good and with the two seniors that play ahead of him tells me he'll be one of the main cogs for Purdue next season.

TIMMY

Adunk33 said:
If Sasha is a RS freshman, he would have to sit (and lose a year) to transfer here. Unless he were to get a hardship waiver to be closer to home, which the NCAA seems to be giving out left and right. 14 min per game as a freshman is pretty good and with the two seniors that play ahead of him tells me he'll be one of the main cogs for Purdue next season.
He's from Crown Point so not only is he not transferring anywhere, he's not getting a waiver to not transfer anywhere because it's not closer to home.

Hrtnfldhse

redbirdron1 said:
I recall Lou being interviewed during his Sophomore year as he generally played as a sub. Radio guy asks him about scoring 10 points or so.......Lou's response was something like "Yes, all I have to do is get the minutes and I'll give the team points and rebounds." I felt that probably endeared him to crusty Donewald.
I consistently ran into Lou at the mall and he was usually dressed head to toe in black leather - he just had a swagger about him.
He was good friends with a guy on my floor and saw him all the time. He did have a certain swagger about him. Once he got to start, he was pretty darn good including his last game vs Oklahoma.

ISU FAN 1

Lou enjoyed cheating off my exam in the class I had with him. I would think fond memories of riding my coat tails to the Dean’s List would have been the result.

ChiRedbirdfan

At the Purdue vs Whiskey game. Sasha was in the game within 5 minutes. Looks like a bright future ahead as a boiler.

Top Bottom