Rick Whitlow RIP

Redbird222

I ordered his book for myself and for a couple of friends after he appeared on talks with Mueller. He autographed it and sent a few emails even though we had never met. He was super personable and charismatic. A true Redbird and he was proud of it. RIP Rick.

DWRedbird

He was a great player and an even better man. He's been friends with and mentored my mom almost her entire life. This is devastating news, RIP Rick.

SgtHulka

Sad news. He was a great man and player. He was the Vice Principal at Parkside JH the year it opened

Denali2x

Lot of great memories there. A great player who always seemed in control... and always played with class.

Baltimore Bird

This is just terrible news. I was so impressed with Rick last summer in the Muller talks. I am really glad I got to hear him speak. I now can remember him as not only an awesome player, but also a great man. The Redbird family is losing a legend.

Brick

First and foremost a really good human being...who was also a terrific basketball player. Interesting freshman team. Shelby Hubbard smooth small forward who could score. Calvin Harper the gentle giant and muscle. Ricky Meeks. Point guard extraordinaire who could score too but a pesky kind of player who drove other teams nut. Rick Whitlow, the epitome of cool and smooth who at any time could get his team a hoop when needed. Just a tragedy to die so young. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Bird Friend

Big loss for Redbird Nation. Whitlow was a joy to watch. Prayers to his family and his friend.

Top Bottom