Reggie Lynch facing suspension

Harry Manback

Through 2020:

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/04/gophers-center-reggie-lynch-suspended-until-2020/

Redbirdwarrior

Wow.

Well, way to do your family proud by "going back home", Lynch. You are a pretty bad guy.

IHateWSU

What I am finding interesting is that the suspension does not start until January 9th. Will Little Pitino play him this weekend?

ThisIsTheLineup

IHateWSU said:
What I am finding interesting is that the suspension does not start until January 9th. Will Little Pitino play him this weekend?

Most likely.

And if he appeals, he can still play during the appeal process. And I am sure Pitino will let him play during that too.

cubird

He will appeal and delay his suspension until after the season.

Redbirdwarrior

I really don't like having our brand all over a national story like this. It turns out when we were all freaking out when he transferred after the crash that it would be the best possible thing for the University, the program and the people of Normal, IL.

I know Muller is a character guy. I wonder if he got wind of his creepiness and maybe... nudged him a little to make that next step to Minnesota. Pure speculation here, no insights or data to back it up. Just a thought.

Adunk33

Staff member
IHateWSU said:

The investigation started in April 2016 and Lynch hasn't missed a game because of it. If Pitino has any sort of intelligence, he will sit Lynch this weekend. This is his last year of eligibility and it is my hope this tarnishes any opportunity of this guy getting to the NBA. He's scored 10 points, only like 7 rebounds, and 3 or 4 blocks a game. Not much of a stat line for an NBA prospect.

Regarding ISU's name being dragged through the mud, most articles I have read only say that he transferred from ISU after his sophomore year with no further mention. All instances referred to happened at Minnesota.

Here's to hoping we don't have to hear his name again!

As I type this I read, Lynch has been suspended from competition. Effectively immediately. He can appeal, but its my hope Pitinio wouldn't play him regardless.

EDIT: Minnesota just held a presser. When asked why Lynch was allowed to play with sexual assult allegations the AD replied, "I can't get in to any specific situations. We have to follow a due process." Lynch will appeal Tuesday, still be allowed to practice with the team but not play.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
I hope this time they don't let him off. It's disgusting.

I also hope with all of my being that Illinois State 1) has no victims from Reggie's behavior. I hope all of the women he came in contact with at ISU are safe and did not have to endure this and 2) admin's/coaches did not know about his high school allegations. If they did, and there are no victims that were on the ISU campus, then they should all play the lottery tonight because they are VERY lucky.

Redbirdfan21

Looks like he will be suspended from games, even if he appeals...

http://www.fox9.com/news/gophers-reggie-lynch-faces-suspension-after-sexual-assault-allegation

Redbirdwarrior

Reggie was just #3 on the top 10 tending searches on yahoo (part of my job is to monitor SEO data).

This guys is rightfully going to get crucified in the media. If the police won't do anything about him, the public will.

B

BirdGrad2011

This could be the downfall of little Richard as well. Both Pitino’s out of basketball would be a blessing.

Obvious the bigger point is that the victims get justice and Reggie can’t harm anyone else.

DannyCooksey

I don't think there is any rehabilitation for this type of crime. Just my $0.02. People that do this do not ever learn their lesson. If given the chance they will always do it again because they have developed a liking to the act. .

ThisIsTheLineup

^ Quinn, please delete this. As little remorse as I have for Reggie, this language is extremely offensive and off-putting of the boards IMO.

DannyCooksey

DannyCooksey said:
I don't think there is any rehabilitation for this type of crime. Just my $0.02. People that do this do not ever learn their lesson. If given the chance they will always do it again because they have developed a liking to the act. .