Redbirds @ Bradley 2/18 6:00 PM ESPN3

ISU86

Bradley -7 | 134 1/2 Illinois State

Opening line above, now -1 1/2 | 132 1/2. Guessing the Springfield News-Leader article has made the rounds.

Adunk33

Staff member
The four suspended BU players will not be playing tonight per WMBD.

Birds should be able to take this one. Both are fielding young teams but the Redbirds' young guys have been playing together nearly a whole season. Having DJ in any capacity and Strong back to 80% or better will bode well for the Good Guys.

Bettors out there can snag the Birds at +105 (outside of Illinois).

Baltimore Bird

If I had bet on ISU every time I thought they would win this year, I would not have done well. I am hoping we play well. It is there at times, but there is absolutely no consistency. I want to see ball movement, low turnovers, and a good BB IQ. Of course, I want to us to beat PU. I don't care who is missing who. GO BIRDS! ISU 70, PU 60

ricohill

If we don’t win tonight Muller should walk back from Peoria and clean out his office.

ricohill

I suspect you have the same opinion even if we win.
No, if we win he gets to wait until after he loses on Thursday at Arch Madness.

Losing to a rival without 3 of its top players (and a 4th suspended as well) that wasn’t great with them, embroiled in a scandal, is fireable.

ricohill

For the newer fans that don’t know what ISU basketball used to be and what ISU vs. Bradley used to be about.

17th ranked ISU. 10-1 in the MVC.

Adunk33

Staff member

Henry returns to the lineup tonight. Other 3 remain out.

gobirds85

For the newer fans that don’t know what ISU basketball used to be and what ISU vs. Bradley used to be about.

Bussone rocking that awesome 'do. Ahhhh, memories.

gobirds85

Lil jimmy worthless. My best friend at the time went to bu and was in a frat. Lil jimmy was such an ass on campus that several frat houses wouldn't even let him in their houses when they had parties.

It still sucks to bu.

jamminjamarsmiley

Thanks for posting Rico. I wasn’t able to get a ticket, and watched the game with a close friend who has now passed. Brings back some fond memories. We had quite a few Budweiser’s! Still hate BU, but there was certainly much more passion back in this era. Here’s to hoping someday this rivalry returns to what it once was.

DoubleDeuce

I don't consider this a sure win, too often I've seen teams playing without their best play well. Bradley's players maybe more focused or even play like they have nothing to lose...they still have 9 eligible division 1 basketball players. Really hope the Birds come out focused and intense and take this one.

Baltimore Bird

Rico: Thank you for posting the game video. I just watched it.
A few notes: No 3 pointers that year, so the game was played 17 feet and in.
ISU basically did not substitute. How can today's athletes supposedly be in so much better condition and need to come out every few minutes?
Let the good players play!

ISU86

before the terms like "FBS" and "Power 5" were uttered, back when just being a member of certain conferences were not enough

gobirds85

They have 9 scholarship players. Shouldn’t we be trying to speed the game up?

Top Bottom