Redbird Uniforms

Virginia Redbird

There is not a whole lot to talk about at this point of the year and frankly, I am tired of the St X discussion. I saw the Bears released their new alternate Orange Jerseys today. I kind of like them but I will freely admit I love the Bears1940's throwback jerseys.
What about the Redbirds? I don't see the athletic department footing the bill for alternate helmets and I like the current Reggie helmets anyway. I don't think it would be out of the question to dump some cash on an alternate jersey or mix up the color combos. I am not a fan of the Red on Red at home but I like the white on white road uniforms. Why can't they mix it up a bit with some Red jerseys on white pants at home and white jerseys with red pants on the road from time to time? What I would like to see is an alternate jersey for some home games. I am partial to a black home jersey but what do those of you in Redbird nation think? In this current age, players love this stuff and it is a recruiting tool. Personally, I am dated by my generation. I don't think it gets any better than Notre Dame or Penn State or Michigan uniforms. I am not a fan of the 300 thousand uniform combinations the Oregon Ducks have but if it helps to get good players in the program...okay with me! Really, if ISU aspires to be a top-notch program cant they afford to drop a few bucks on a third jersey? This is a frivolous post at best but what the hell...it is still a long way to opening day. What do you think?
:D

redbirds2000

Virginia Redbird said:
There is not a whole lot to talk about at this point of the year and frankly, I am tired of the St X discussion. I saw the Bears released their new alternate Orange Jerseys today. I kind of like them but I will freely admit I love the Bears1940's throwback jerseys.
What about the Redbirds? I don't see the athletic department footing the bill for alternate helmets and I like the current Reggie helmets anyway. I don't think it would be out of the question to dump some cash on an alternate jersey or mix up the color combos. I am not a fan of the Red on Red at home but I like the white on white road uniforms. Why can't they mix it up a bit with some Red jerseys on white pants at home and white jerseys with red pants on the road from time to time? What I would like to see is an alternate jersey for some home games. I am partial to a black home jersey but what do those of you in Redbird nation think? In this current age, players love this stuff and it is a recruiting tool. Personally, I am dated by my generation. I don't think it gets any better than Notre Dame or Penn State or Michigan uniforms. I am not a fan of the 300 thousand uniform combinations the Oregon Ducks have but if it helps to get good players in the program...okay with me! Really, if ISU aspires to be a top-notch program cant they afford to drop a few bucks on a third jersey? This is a frivolous post at best but what the hell...it is still a long way to opening day. What do you think?
:D

Yes. Red helmets. White pants at home. Red pants on the road. Switch it up. Red helmets =$$$, but switching up the pants is zero.

Sanantoniobird

I like the red on red, personally. It’s confusing as hell from a opponent’s perspective.

Redbirdwarrior

I'm on board with the white helmet, red jersey and white pants at home but I LOVE the all white on the road. I just think is screams of "we don't need frills."

Right now, ISU Football has some of the very best jerseys in all of sports. I hope we don't screw with them.