Redbird Gear

Virginia Redbird

After reading the story about spring practice I was getting in the Redbird mood and decided to take a look at the two online stores I usually visit. I have looked in the past for a Redbird football jersey but did not much care for the rather cheap stuff they had available. I checked out the Alamo II and it appears they just will not let the Jake Kolbe eara go. Either that or they ordered way too many of these replicas with only one number choice. Relive those thrilliing days of yesteryear and plunk down your $90 bucks!

kolbe jersey.jpg

I went to the ISU Barnes and Noble Spirit page and found these jerseys.

1679702229937.jpeg

You can get them in red or white and has a choice of player numbers but they are not Nike and look not very much like the real jerseys, unless there is a uniform change coming.

I personally am not a fan of either but if I was going to pick one up it would be the ProSphere version.

Plenty of time to start putting pennies in the jar if you are intrested in having one before the season kicks off!

Seven

Thanks for these. I'll get the bottom one because the large "ILLINOIS STATE" in the front lets people know what team it is.

Phantom

We've always had good hoodies and Nike Dri-Fit stuff. But we're severely lacking in the jersey dept and hats have been historically hit or miss too.

Manchester Matt

We've always had good hoodies and Nike Dri-Fit stuff. But we're severely lacking in the jersey dept and hats have been historically hit or miss too.
Wish they sold the official hats the baseball team wears. I did pick up a New Era 39/30 fitted black hat with the bird logo on it recently that I love, but like you said, it's usually more miss than hit.

Redbird28

Wish they sold the official hats the baseball team wears. I did pick up a New Era 39/30 fitted black hat with the bird logo on it recently that I love, but like you said, it's usually more miss than hit.
I got one of the Nike fitted team baseball hats a few years ago when they did the equipment sale inside Horton. Anyone know if they ever plan on doing one of those again?

Adunk33

Staff member
I got one of the Nike fitted team baseball hats a few years ago when they did the equipment sale inside Horton. Anyone know if they ever plan on doing one of those again?
That event was awesome. I'm sure it takes time to "restock" the junk but that thing had to be a gold mine. They took stuff had just been sitting in a closet, taking up space, for years and put a reasonable price tag on it. I ended up with something like 5 practice bball jerseys, 4 softball, 4 baseball, and a pair of unused Nike cleats for less than $100.

Top Bottom