Red Out Wednesday night

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Team is wearing red jerseys and fans are encouraged to wear red to match.

http://www.goredbirds.com/news/2018/2/19/mens-basketball-to-host-red-out-in-home-finale-on-wednesday.aspx

Adunk33

Staff member
I think a white out would look cooler, but understand with all the empty red seats why they would do a Red out. Black out would be even cooler with those uniforms they wore against Valpo.

Jsnhbe1Birds

The upper bowl is always a red out for what its worth (and about 10% of the lower bowl)..........

ReconsCouch

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
The upper bowl is always a red out for what its worth (and about 10% of the lower bowl)..........

This came exactly 3 comments later than I had expected...

Reggie Redbird

If we could find a way to prevent 30-50% of the students in the lower bowl from leaving, that would help how the arena looks in the second half. Perhaps the student section shouldn't include D unless E-F-G can be filled first more than a couple games a year? I want to recognize the students' financial contributions to subsidizing the athletic department, but I also want 500 of them to show up and stay. Is it too much to ask for both?

tpskult

Reggie Redbird said:
If we could find a way to prevent 30-50% of the students in the lower bowl from leaving, that would help how the arena looks in the second half. Perhaps the student section shouldn't include D unless E-F-G can be filled first more than a couple games a year? I want to recognize the students' financial contributions to subsidizing the athletic department, but I also want 500 of them to show up and stay. Is it too much to ask for both?

I agree with you on not including D as a student section. They have at least been smart and opened up this section for anyone to purchase during games over breaks.
I have also wondered why they used DD and EE in the upper bowl as student sections and not FF and GG behind the basket?

ThisIsTheLineup

tpskult said:
Reggie Redbird said:

I agree with you on not including D as a student section. They have at least been smart and opened up this section for anyone to purchase during games over breaks.
I have also wondered why they used DD and EE in the upper bowl as student sections and not FF and GG behind the basket?

I believe FF and GG are Young Alumni season tickets. I don't see a reason why they cannot swap.

redbirds2000

Adunk33 said:
I think a white out would look cooler, but understand with all the empty red seats why they would do a Red out. Black out would be even cooler with those uniforms they wore against Valpo.

I wonder why we only wore the Valpo game unis once?

Adunk33

Staff member
redbirds2000 said:
Adunk33 said:

Good question. I remember a few years ago, I think it was Devaughn's first year here, we had 5 uniforms. We had a dark gray, light gray, red, white, and retro. We rarely wore the gray ones that year, though I thought they were the most stylish. Who knows why they choose to wear what they do. I interviewed Muller a few years ago and told him that his team is undefeated in the retro uniforms and he should take them to STL. He said they have to be MVC Compliant and have the valley logo. I told him to do it... hopefully this year he does!

cpacmel

redbirds2000 said:
Adunk33 said:

Espn game perhaps?

tpskult

Adunk33 said:
redbirds2000 said:
Adunk33 said:

Good question. I remember a few years ago, I think it was Devaughn's first year here, we had 5 uniforms. We had a dark gray, light gray, red, white, and retro. We rarely wore the gray ones that year, though I thought they were the most stylish. Who knows why they choose to wear what they do. I interviewed Muller a few years ago and told him that his team is undefeated in the retro uniforms and he should take them to STL. He said they have to be MVC Compliant and have the valley logo. I told him to do it... hopefully this year he does!

I don't recall them ever having the light gray and dark gray in the same season. I think with the new unis in 2016 they did away with the light gray and went to the dark.

Adunk33

Staff member
p.s. the Retro Uniforms now have The Valley logo on the back. I'm not sure if that's tournament compliant but it wasn't there in past years

DoubleDeuce

Adunk33 said:
p.s. the Retro Uniforms now have The Valley logo on the back. I'm not sure if that's tournament compliant but it wasn't there in past years

I would LOVE to see these unis in St. Louis!

Morans14

DoubleDeuce said:
Adunk33 said:

I would LOVE to see these unis in St. Louis!
I thought the retro uniforms couldn't be used in the tournament because of the placement of the block I and the number on the front. I seem to remember hearing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metamoron

cpacmel said:
redbirds2000 said:
Adunk33 said:

Espn game perhaps?

Or maybe because we lost in them???

Phantom

Metamoron said:
cpacmel said:
redbirds2000 said:

Espn game perhaps?

Or maybe because we lost in them???

^ This.

The black/pewter/whatever they are uniforms look awesome, but we have never played well in them. I have no way of looking that "stat" up, but I can say with near certainty that we are WAY below .500 with those uniforms over the years.

Buffett

From Loyola ticket site This game is officially SOLD OUT!
Don't let this happen to you again next year! Click here to place your 2018-19 season ticket deposit now!

Phantom

And also, not trying to pee in the Cheerios but why are we doing a Red Out for a weeknight game that might draw 5K? Is it just because the team is wearing red tonight? Wouldn't it make more sense to do something like this for a weekend game that would have a bigger crowd?

Lastly, from the earlier posts, that's kind of discouraging about section D. Those were always the best student section seats IMHO, with no obstruction of view (caused by the basket) and you're closest to the floor to really get in the opposition's ears.

SgtHulka

Do we have a red out and our mascot shows up in a brown shirt?

Top Bottom