Random Team News

MadBird

I'm reading an article in the Minneapolis paper that says the Gophers will be starting "summer practice" next week, at least that's how I interpreted it. Does that mean the Redbirds will be getting it going? Anyone know what's up? Would be great to hear some "real" news!

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
I'm reading an article in the Minneapolis paper that says the Gophers will be starting "summer practice" next week, at least that's how I interpreted it. Does that mean the Redbirds will be getting it going? Anyone know what's up? Would be great to hear some "real" news!
Is Minnesota going overseas to play? That's usually the only reason you get to practice early.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
while, youre technically correct, these guys practice together all year
Yes, I know. I assumed he was talking about official practice with coaches, organized. Not individual or small group workouts without coaches or whatever the rules are for 98% of the teams in the summer.

TBS_20

Yes, I know. I assumed he was talking about official practice with coaches, organized. Not individual or small group workouts without coaches or whatever the rules are for 98% of the teams in the summer.
Frankly, I dont understand why they cant practice with coaches in the summer at this point.

ScoreboardDotRace

All I know is Randy recently wrote a local golf story. 😬

PurpleRedbird

Thought I read that the Birds don't officially have to be back until the 19th. I know the Aces are back already

MadBird

Yes, the article seemed to be saying "official practice with coaches" etc. Not totally sure.

B

BirdGrad2011

So they aren't listed on that site. Not sure what they are doing then. Did the practice rules change?
You get so many on court hours with staff during summer. Teams going on trips only get real practice so long before their trip.

TIMMY

In basketball, a student-athlete who is enrolled in summer school may engage in required weight training, conditioning, and skill-related instruction for up to eight weeks (not required to be consecutive weeks). A student-athlete who is enrolled in at least three degree-applicable credit hours (six degree-applicable credit hours for incoming freshman) in one summer term that is fewer than eight weeks in duration may engage in required weight-training, conditioning, and skill-related instruction for up to eight weeks (not required to be consecutive weeks). Participation in such activities shall be limited to a maximum of eight hours per week with not more than four hours per week spent on skill-related instruction.

Teams get 10 days of practice in preparation for a foreign trip.

Last edited:
Top Bottom