Ramblers @ Redbirds 1-10-18

DannyCooksey

This is a big game (aren't they all?).

Loyola has a talented squad and are well coached (IMO). We need to protect the home court again. I have an friendly office wager with a co-worker that is a proud Loyola grad. I'm hoping I take the lead in the wager tonight with a Birds victory.

I believe Loyola has Richardson and Custer back from injury and that's key. Going to be a tough challenge.

Birds 78
Ramblers 73

Redbirdwarrior

Should be a close game. They key for me is pushing the ball inside- get contact- get to the line. Loyola is a little thin with bigs. Let's get 2 fouls on some of them early.

gobirds85

We need to take the ball inside, over and over again. Phil and Milik should be able to exploit Loyola there. Let's not settle by jacking up 3s early in the possession.

GO BIRDS!!

ChiRedbirdfan

gobirds85 said:
We need to take the ball inside, over and over again. Phil and Milik should be able to exploit Loyola there. Let's not settle by jacking up 3s early in the possession.

GO BIRDS!!

...and ideally shooting 3s that are being kicked out from the inside vs shooting 3s from a perimeter pass. Win win as that means we were trying to go inside plus those 3s are typically an easier shot.

Phantom

ChiRedbirdfan said:
gobirds85 said:

GO BIRDS!!

...and ideally shooting 3s that are being kicked out from the inside vs shooting 3s from a perimeter pass. Win win as that means we were trying to go inside plus those 3s are typically an easier shot.

Both of you are correct.

Pushing the tempo is fine, but once in the halfcourt we need to attack inside early and often. The kickouts will be there with how well our guards move without the ball. Loyola is solid, this one will be tough. But...

Redbirds 74
Ramblers 71

Birdman

ChiRedbirdfan said:
gobirds85 said:

GO BIRDS!!

This!! We haven’t been giving ourselves a chance to establish position to get an offensive rebound. Too many quick 3’s in transition.

Metamoron

Has anyone else seen the big inside kid for Loyola? Krutwig. 6’9”. 260lbs. Reminds me a little of Rick Lamb.

cpacmel

Metamoron said:
Has anyone else seen the big inside kid for Loyola? Krutwig. 6’9”. 260lbs. Reminds me a little of Rick Lamb.

I have. He’s a load. Gonna be a force to deal with the next few years.

ChiRedbirdfan

Metamoron said:

He is really good. Not all that mobile but really soft hands/touch and active to go with that football size.

birdballfan

cpacmel said:
Metamoron said:

I have. He’s a load. Gonna be a force to deal with the next few years.

Rick wasn't that big although he may have played that big!! I think Krutwig is only a freshman???

bombay

A lot of what made Rick a great player was how aggressive he was. I wonder if this guy is like that.

V Boy

If we bring the D on the perimeter we will prevail. If not we will get Drake-ed.

139 sounds like a lot.

Loyola 63
ISU 66

IHateWSU

For our gambling friends out there, there is a nice parley for Tonight's games:

Birds - 1.5
Drake +5.5
Missouri St - 2.5
Missouri St/Evansville over 125.5

I think all those are Give me's. But then again that is probably why I do not live in Vegas... I would be broke!

RedbirdMan

If I were a gambling man with some money I would be all over that under. That seems way high.

Loyola-60
Redbirds-58

MY is due for a fight with Muller.

Custer makes a big stand........

5800 attendance

johnaaa10

RedbirdMan said:
If I were a gambling man with some money I would be all over that under. That seems way high.

Loyola-60
Redbirds-58

MY is due for a fight with Muller.

Custer makes a big stand........

5800 attendance

Teams are averaging about 146 pts/game combined. We shall see.

JHBird

Hope we see Romine in the lineup tonight. Does anybody know why he didn't even dress for the MSU game? I probably missed something, but I thought he would be seeing a few minutes by now. Is there a chance they could redshirt him a year, even though he already sat out a year for his transfer? Not sure how that all works.

Top Bottom