Quiz Question

WoodlandWarrior

Who was the last team to beat the Peoria School of Horology Gargoyles at the old Fieldhouse? Do you remember the year?

redbirdron1

Probably us. ISU beat BU in a double OT game with Cornley, Lamb, Zwart and that bunch.

Birds knocked BU out of an NCAA bid - they went on to win NIT that spring I believe.

Year - not sure but it was the season prior to the Birds making a 3 year run in NCAA. Maybe 81 ????

I just happened to attend that game as I was asked by an elderly BU fan to assist him getting in/out of the Fieldhouse due
to icy/winter conditions. After the game we went down to Jim's steakhouse for a few cocktails and Ron Ferguson, BU's Athletic
Director joined our table. Being a very young ISU fan, I didn't say much and respected the elders and loyal BU bunch.

WoodlandWarrior

Very good memory of that game. The year was 1982. We went on to the MVC title game but were beaten by Tulsa. But we beat the Braves at the Fieldhous when they had Mitchell Anderson. David Thirdkill, and Donald Reese. Our guys Lamb and Cornley more than held their own with the Bradley big guys on the boards that game.

bb fan

GREAT game. Was fun to be there. One of my top 10 all time ISU games. Especially pleasing to be living in the Peoria area, living and working among many BU folks.

Birdswin

Probably the best game of Zwart's career.

Then the next season the Redbirds beat BU at the then new Ice Rink.

Top Bottom