Quick summary of Illinois FCS Football Spring Drills

Virginia Redbird

I saw this brief summary article by Dan Verdun on the Prarie State Pigskin blog. I had not realized that last year was the first year since 2011 that none of the Illinois FCS programs qualified for the playoffs. Not a good year all around for Illinois FCS Football but you could make a good argument the most disappointing was ISU dropping four straight after reaching a 5-1 record.
Spring is the time for new life, weddings and Football coaches talking optimistically about their programs.
The article also mentions Marshaun making his AAF debut. Two carries for seven yards for the Birmingham Iron. He caught three passes for another 18 yards. Have to keep an eye out and see how he does.

http://www.chicagonow.com/prairie-state-pigskin/2019/03/optimism-abounds-as-state-fcs-programs-open-spring-practice/

MadBird

Thanks for posting that, I was not aware of that site and will bookmark it for future reference.

Mr. Verdun's book on ISU football is a good read for all, it's a couple years old now but worth tracking down.

Top Bottom