Predictions for the 20 21 season part 1

crazzymark

The Redbirds should be able to win two out of three big road games and win the game at home and make the playoffs

ISUBU

I like your thinking.

There are only going to be five at-large playoff slots, so you really have to play well every week to have a chance. Based upon what we're seeing in basketball, we may have a game cancelled along the way even with the makeup date.

Some really strong MVFC team is going to be left out this year just due to the numbers.

crazzymark

The only game that concerns me is the South Dakota State game

redbirdfan04

Nobody knows how this team is going to perform. With the season being delayed until spring, multiple kids leaving, new coaches, a new QB, and new RBs who knows what we got! I am excited to watch some Redbird football. Getting into the playoffs will be tough with only 5 at large bids. I assume the CAA and Valley will take 4 of those bids but that is just a guess. Spack and company will not over look anyone and I know they will be as prepared as any team come game time.

On a side note the wife and I are going to make the 9 hour drive to MSU for game one. Anyone else thinking about going?

Total Red

Staff member
Two victories in the big 3 road games (N. Iowa, NDSU, SDSU) is highly ambitious. Huge turnover on defense, but incredibly I see that as a reload, not a rebuild, so I'm still bullish on the defense. The offense struggled at times last season and the offensive backfield is being replaced. Jefferson could become a capable QB but Davis was more experienced and healthier than ever so his depature is a setback. Proctor, White and others are exciting RB's but they're not James Robinson. Last year we could run the ball even when it was expected and sometimes James would break a tackle for a good gain. Jefferson will need to keep defenses off balance with his passing or running or a combination of both. I'm thinking 5 wins 3 losses now but I may revise that before Missouri State.

MadBird

Sadly, Total Red, it isn't "last year" anymore - but something like "last time" or "back then" :(

My hopes for Jefferson are based on a HS career where he threw for nearly 6000 yards. Didn't show us that in a Redbird uniform last time, but hoping a year to prepare and get comfortable with the receivers and offense and all of that will help.

5-3 seems reasonable at this point.

Would love to get some spring tailgating in!!

Top Bottom