Pre-Season Conference Predictions

DoubleDeuce

Let's prove what geniuses we are. I'll go first.
1. UNI (aka NIU).
2. Indiana State
3. Drake
4. Missouri State
5. Belmont
6. THE Illinois State University Redbirds (ISU GO!)
7. Murray State
8. UIC
9. That team from that god-forsaken sh*thole city, Peoria with all the obnoxious brain-dead fans.
10. SIU
11. E-ville
12. the Valparaiso Freakin' Beacons.

Hamdonger

Let's prove what geniuses we are. I'll go first.
1. UNI (aka NIU).
2. Indiana State
3. Drake
4. Missouri State
5. Belmont
6. THE Illinois State University Redbirds (ISU GO!)
7. Murray State
8. UIC
9. That team from that god-forsaken sh*thole city, Peoria with all the obnoxious brain-dead fans.
10. SIU
11. E-ville
12. the Valparaiso Freakin' Beacons.
Who cares! I'm just enjoying reading your list!!🤣 I want to see what - not a Beacon - but what a FREAKIN' Beacon looks like. Maybe they'll sweep braindeadsh*thole BU this year. I look forward to it!

Redbirdfan76

I’ll go with:
1. Northern Iowa
2. Drake
3. Bradley
4. Indiana State
5. Belmont
6. Illinois State
7. Missouri State
8. Murray State
9. SIU
10. UIC
11. Evansville
12. Valpo

Redbird222

1. Drake
2. Indiana St
3. UNI
4. Belmont
5. Illinois St
6. Bradley
7. Murray St
8. Missouri State
9. Evansville
10. UIC
11. SIU
12. Valpo

Redbird82

1. Drake
2. UNI
3. Bradley
4. Indiana St
5. Missouri St
6. Belmont
7. ISU
8. Murray st
9. SIU
10. UIC
11. Evansville
12. Valpo

Birgs

FWIW:

1. UNI (and will Make Big Dance noise. Jan is just too X-factor to doubt for me)
2. Drake (Vegas likes them somewhat as a foil to the Panthers; I kinda do too and could very easily swap - sort of a 1A/1B thing)
3. INSU (their "program builder" DII czar seems to be doing just that - ahead of pace. They might have a thing starting up in Terre Haute)
4. Redbirds (I know I'm early; but, gosh darn it, if I haven't bought all-in. Frustration and "Wow" nights certain to abound sometimes back-to-back)
5. Belmont (maybe slow out of gate, but pain-in-the-arse come St. Louis. They just are one of those "don't wanna play" teams.)
6. Mo. State (still kinda pull for Dana to finish higher than this with that roster. Year 6: time to make a run, or... )
7. Bradley (with the loss of the Big Dude, I am confused by the abundance of preseason love; and there is the unscientific hate of the entire institution)
8. Murray (potential spoiler with some interesting size and some young talent, depending on how a respectable guy like Prohm rolls it out)
9. UIC (love Yak's addition of a Top 10 Fav of mine in Wills as DC... may hover to the lid of the Valley mediocre just by being pesky)
10. SIU (up and ripped their best defender away from them; they still look like a .500-ish with maybe some Mullins tenacity before his chair gets warm)
11. Evansville (just relegate them and call up So. Indiana... I kid; but just get out of the way and relegate to the OVC already; no really.)
12. Valpo (now that I moved and work in this town, it has become even more evident how non-Valley this member is; Lovely town. Mediocre program.)

P

Popsto4

FWIW:

1. UNI (and will Make Big Dance noise. Jan is just too X-factor to doubt for me)
2. Drake (Vegas likes them somewhat as a foil to the Panthers; I kinda do too and could very easily swap - sort of a 1A/1B thing)
3. INSU (their "program builder" DII czar seems to be doing just that - ahead of pace. They might have a thing starting up in Terre Haute)
4. Redbirds (I know I'm early; but, gosh darn it, if I haven't bought all-in. Frustration and "Wow" nights certain to abound sometimes back-to-back)
5. Belmont (maybe slow out of gate, but pain-in-the-arse come St. Louis. They just are one of those "don't wanna play" teams.)
6. Mo. State (still kinda pull for Dana to finish higher than this with that roster. Year 6: time to make a run, or... )
7. Bradley (with the loss of the Big Dude, I am confused by the abundance of preseason love; and there is the unscientific hate of the entire institution)
8. Murray (potential spoiler with some interesting size and some young talent, depending on how a respectable guy like Prohm rolls it out)
9. UIC (love Yak's addition of a Top 10 Fav of mine in Wills as DC... may hover to the lid of the Valley mediocre just by being pesky)
10. SIU (up and ripped their best defender away from them; they still look like a .500-ish with maybe some Mullins tenacity before his chair gets warm)
11. Evansville (just relegate them and call up So. Indiana... I kid; but just get out of the way and relegate to the OVC already; no really.)
12. Valpo (now that I moved and work in this town, it has become even more evident how non-Valley this member is; Lovely town. Mediocre program.)
I kinda feel this prediction most. To me UNI is clearly the favorite. Missouri St. and Belmont I don’t believe will finish high as most think. We’re gonna somehow have to find a way to at least split with UNI, Drake and Indiana to give us a better chance to win regular season title. All this is so much fun because so many things can enhance or hinder anyone’s chances of winning it. Should be fun. I there there’s more talent overall in the MVC this year.

crazzymark

2-4 more wins this season, still plays on Thursday in Missouri valley tournament but will win the first game. Some improvement for sure. Only losses 3 players to the portal. Also another improvement. Go Birds!

ILLST25

I kinda feel this prediction most. To me UNI is clearly the favorite. Missouri St. and Belmont I don’t believe will finish high as most think. We’re gonna somehow have to find a way to at least split with UNI, Drake and Indiana to give us a better chance to win regular season title. All this is so much fun because so many things can enhance or hinder anyone’s chances of winning it. Should be fun. I there there’s more talent overall in the MVC this year.

Keep in mind we only play UNI and Indiana state one time this season.

ISU86

Minimum is to play in Arch Madness on Friday

1.) Northern Iowa
2.) Bradley
3.) Drake
4.) Missouri State
5.) Illinois State
6.) Belmont
7.) Southern Illinois
8.) Indiana State
9.) Evansville
10.) Murray State
11.) Illinois-Chicago
12.) Valparaiso

Baltimore Bird

I always enjoy doing this. It is interesting UNI is getting all of the love with the same players that were the #8 seed last season. I do agree with it however. Here we go.....

1. Drake
2. UNI
3. ISU Redbirds
4. ISU Blue
5. PU
6. Belmont
7. Mo. State
8. Murray State
9. SIU
10. UIC
11. Evansville
12. Valpo

SgtHulka

I always enjoy doing this. It is interesting UNI is getting all of the love with the same players that were the #8 seed last season. I do agree with it however. Here we go.....

1. Drake
2. UNI
3. ISU Redbirds
4. ISU Blue
5. PU
6. Belmont
7. Mo. State
8. Murray State
9. SIU
10. UIC
11. Evansville
12. Valpo
Respect for the coach. But they did under achieve last year.

Dmills

Scored 2 points in 9 minutes of play in exhibition win over St. Ambrose. Was supposed to be a big recruit for the Braves.

ISU86

summary prior to the start of the regular season (as seen through our Red(bird)-tinted glasses)

seven complete predictions

-- + ----------- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + 1 + 1 + 1 + TO
PL
| MO VAL CONF | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 0 | 1 | 2 | T.
-- + ----------- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + --
01 | Panthers .. | 4 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 80
02 | Bulldogs .. | 3 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 78
03 | Sycamores . | 0 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 64
04 | Braves .... | 0 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 56
05 | Redbirds .. | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 55
06 | Bruins .... | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 54
07 | Bears ..... | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 50
08 | Racers .... | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 4 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 35
09 | Salukis ... | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 3 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 26
10 | Flames .... | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 1 | 0 | 23
11 | Purple Aces | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 5 | 0 | 18