Portal Signings

MadBird

In the coaching "portal", rumors WIU HC Rob Jeter is going to Southern Utah. Interesting, I thought he would be "happier" in the midwest. Another example of WIU cash problems?

According to a Pete Thamel tweet, Western Illinois head coach Rob Jeter is finalizing a deal to become the new head coach at Southern Utah.

Jeter has been at WIU for the past three seasons and also spent 11 years as the head coach at Milwaukee. He owns a 223-215 (.509) career record, and left Milwaukee as their all-time D1 leader in wins.

DougSutton

In the coaching "portal", rumors WIU HC Rob Jeter is going to Southern Utah. Interesting, I thought he would be "happier" in the midwest. Another example of WIU cash problems?

Utah is a majestic state. Cedar City (where Southern Utah is at) is in southwest Utah, right off of I-15, about 2 1/2 hours from Vegas. I've driven through there on the way from San Diego to Colorado and it's an amazingly beautiful part of the country. Having lived in the Southwest for about 20 years now, I wouldn't hesitate to move there over Macomb. I've been to Macomb and never had a desire to go back. Being in Southwest Utah, you're close to Vegas, Grand Canyon, Moab, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Arizona and a 1 hour flight to Southern California, San Francisco, etc.

MadBird

Utah is a majestic state. Cedar City (where Southern Utah is at) is in southwest Utah, right off of I-15, about 2 1/2 hours from Vegas. I've driven through there on the way from San Diego to Colorado and it's an amazingly beautiful part of the country. Having lived in the Southwest for about 20 years now, I wouldn't hesitate to move there over Macomb. I've been to Macomb and never had a desire to go back. Being in Southwest Utah, you're close to Vegas, Grand Canyon, Moab, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Arizona and a 1 hour flight to Southern California, San Francisco, etc.
All true, for sure. And Robbie spent some time at UNLV, so it's not like he hasn't been "out there". Just imagining he was wanting to get back to the midwest, stay here. More power to him. He's a good coach and a good guy.

jwa123

I concur with your assessment!

Top Bottom