Pollard

Brick

Though not a fan of Pollard I thought he and the crew did a pretty good job tonight. As a fan I always whine about missed calls but all in all a better than average MVC ref job tonight

Shaftbird

It was certainly nice not having a whistle nearly every trip down the floor like last night. That sequence where Fayne blocked Fletcher and they both ended up on the floor with Hein would have garnered 3 fouls last night. However, Pollard calling a technical and then telling Dan he didn't know what Boogie even said to get it is the most Pollardy thing imaginable.

Brick

Shaftbird said:
It was certainly nice not having a whistle nearly every trip down the floor like last night. That sequence where Fayne blocked Fletcher and they both ended up on the floor with Hein would have garnered 3 fouls last night. However, Pollard calling a technical and then telling Dan he didn't know what Boogie even said to get it is the most Pollardy thing imaginable

Agree that was pollard to the max but both teams traded a FT on that. Very physical game and for the most part the refs let em play

normalbird

I thought it was typical Pollard when he and Dan were barking at each other and Dan turned his back and started walking away, only to have Pollard run around him and threaten him—Pollard just had to have the last word.

Redbirdfan21

normalbird said:
I thought it was typical Pollard when he and Dan were barking at each other and Dan turned his back and started walking away, only to have Pollard run around him and threaten him—Pollard just had to have the last word.

Typical cop, unfortunately (no offense to any police on this board)

jwa123

Pollard is a first class jerk. Sorry Brick I just had to say it. At least give me credit for cleaning up the language I would have used to express my contempt for Gerry Pollard.

Brick

jwa123 said:
Pollard is a first class jerk. Sorry Brick I just had to say it. At least give me credit for cleaning up the language I would have used to express my contempt for Gerry Pollard.

Didn’t say he wasn’t JWA, just that last night he did a pretty good job. 🤪

Phantom

They did a pretty good job letting the teams play in stints. A couple ticky tacks but you'll get those. Agreed with the above post on the Hein/Fletcher/Fayne play. Fouls could've been called on both teams, though it looked like Fayne's block was clean. But no matter. The big bedshitting move by Pollard was when Dan asked him what Tinsley said to earn the T, and Pollard said he didn't know. That's when Dan went ballistic. I would have too.

Metamoron

I thought it was pretty interesting that when pollard called the T on Tinsley, the other red called the T on southern. I immediately thought, makeup T because the second ref thought pollard overreacted. I did not see exactly what all happened and have not seen the replay.

BIGfan

Pollard has a history. Watch this clip. Pollard makes "the Worst Technical Given in the History of College Basketball"

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/02/09/video-see-the-worst-technical-given-in-the-history-of-college-basketball/

Bird Friend

BIGfan said:
Pollard has a history. Watch this clip. Pollard makes "the Worst Technical Given in the History of College Basketball"

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/02/09/video-see-the-worst-technical-given-in-the-history-of-college-basketball/

But Boykins was having fun, the other team wasn’t, and Pollard was too slow and short to see the dunk. Totally worth a T. ;)

chuckie1980

yea.

Match-up: Illinois State (18-14; 10-8 MVC) vs. Loyola (27-5; 15-3 MVC)
Venue: Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO [Neutral Site]

Date: 3/4/2018
Start Time: 1:08 PM CT
Attendance: 0
Officials: John Higgins, Gerry Pollard, Kelly Self
Technical Fouls: Illinois State - None.
Loyola - None.
Scorer's Notes:

ISU FAN 1

If he reads this board as part of his pregame prep, I apologize for calling him a douche yesterday. :lol:

Top Bottom