Podcasts

Sanantoniobird

I’m sorry if this has been brought up In other forums: what is the deal with podcasts now? Is WJBC no longer putting their coaches shows and interviews on a podcast. Is the RedZone my only option? It’s a fine product, just not prolific. Living overseas, there have been awesome advances in technology that has been to a Redbird fan’s advantage, however way better technology is out there to block me from content. I can’t even read the Panty without a VPN. The videos on the Redbird player are fine, but European service “4G” is a misnomer and may be closer to 2G or Edge. The only thing that worked consistently on my commutes were the podcasts. Especially, during basketball season, this is a big deal. Is there another place they are putting them? Are they just abandoning this concept? When I listen to Hero FCS or the Wedge, they rarely talk about the MVFC—it’s all CAA, Southland and Big Sky and just NDSU.
Just would like to get my ISU fix after and leading up to games. Sad if WJBC is out of this game.

Total Red

Staff member
I used to enjoying listening to the podcasts as well. I noticed they stopped being placed on the WJBC website about the same time the Illinois State athletic dept. made the deal with Learfield Sports so there may be a connection.

https://www.learfield.com/2017/07/illinois-state-athletics-wjbc-agree-on-new-5-year-deal/

Sanantoniobird

I think the question is answered considering the response to this post: TotalRed and I were the only ones listening to Podcasts.

I had noticed the coincidence as well with the Learfield deal, but if your trying to expand your brand seems odd to limit your reach. I questioned WJBC on Twitter, and no response.
I now have to listen to the various Bizon outlets, for MVFC perspective.

Adunk33

Staff member
The podcasts of interviews/The Brock Spack Show are not owned by WJBC. They are owned by Learfield. What was done last season is they would put the full game audio and Spack shows on goredbirds.com with the football videos. It's audio only, obviously. I haven't noticed it for this season, but also haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

I've thought about doing a podcast for FB and MBB if there is a market for it. Might take a while to get going but it's an idea.

Sanantoniobird

BigRedbird02 said:
all Coaches shows and football games can be listen on Tunein Radio app
Do they have replay? Which was why I have the podcast question. 6pm coach’s show is 12AM for me. Will only commit to that on Sunday morning game days.

Sanantoniobird

Adunk33 said:
The podcasts of interviews/The Brock Spack Show are not owned by WJBC. They are owned by Learfield. What was done last season is they would put the full game audio and Spack shows on goredbirds.com with the football videos. It's audio only, obviously. I haven't noticed it for this season, but also haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

I've thought about doing a podcast for FB and MBB if there is a market for it. Might take a while to get going but it's an idea.
So even the post game interviews, etc that were on Podcast, including the IWU, Normal community, etc teams all belonged to Learfield?

Adunk33

Staff member
Sanantoniobird said:
Adunk33 said:

So even the post game interviews, etc that were on Podcast, including the IWU, Normal community, etc teams all belonged to Learfield?

Nah, just the ISU stuff. Everything else is just someone dropping on the JBC side of things dropping the ball and not uploading them to the proper channels.

Adunk33

Staff member
September 6th Brock Spack Show
1st half: https://goredbirds.com/watch/?Archive=8811&type=Archive
2nd half:https://goredbirds.com/watch/?Archive=8812&type=Archive

Post game interviews: https://goredbirds.com/watch/?Archive=8819&type=Archive
Starts around the 4hr:13min mark

StLRedbird

Great topic. I was in Iceland last week and was impressed with the availability of cell service including data in rural areas (the entire country). But actually accessing American media was sometimes impossible. For example, stltoday and pantagraph.com were blocked with messages saying that this was due to the EU's General Data Protection Regulation. Most bothersome was that streaming media on ESPN+ was also blocked. Have you found this to be the case where you're at, Sanantoniobird?

bb fan

Iceland? Cool. I made it to rural LeRoy today. Cell service ok, I gotta get out more.

Sanantoniobird

StLRedbird said:
Great topic. I was in Iceland last week and was impressed with the availability of cell service including data in rural areas (the entire country). But actually accessing American media was sometimes impossible. For example, stltoday and pantagraph.com were blocked with messages saying that this was due to the EU's General Data Protection Regulation. Most bothersome was that streaming media on ESPN+ was also blocked. Have you found this to be the case where you're at, Sanantoniobird?
It’s a huge problem for me, with just about everything. I have to use VPNs on my phone, computers, Firestick, etc. One doesn’t have this problem with podcasts, which is why I relied on them so much. Iceland is beautiful, isn’t it?

Total Red

Staff member
Adunk33 said:
September 6th Brock Spack Show
1st half: https://goredbirds.com/watch/?Archive=8811&type=Archive
2nd half:https://goredbirds.com/watch/?Archive=8812&type=Archive

Post game interviews: https://goredbirds.com/watch/?Archive=8819&type=Archive
Starts around the 4hr:13min mark

Good find, Tnx

StLRedbird

Sanantoniobird said:
It’s a huge problem for me, with just about everything. I have to use VPNs on my phone, computers, Firestick, etc. One doesn’t have this problem with podcasts, which is why I relied on them so much. Iceland is beautiful, isn’t it?
Yeah, Iceland is a hikers paradise. The place is lousy with waterfalls and lava fields. Does tunneling in via vpn fix the problem with ESPN+ or just replace it with a different problem?

Total Red

Staff member
Sanantoniobird said:
Iceland is beautiful, isn’t it?

I'm guessing you may not make it back for Homecoming this year. lol

Just curious, if your screen name incorporated ALL of the various places you have lived what would it look like?
In chronological order please. :D

Sanantoniobird

Total Red said:
Sanantoniobird said:
Iceland is beautiful, isn’t it?

I'm guessing you may not make it back for Homecoming this year. lol

Just curious, if your screen name incorporated ALL of the various places you have lived what would it look like?
In chronological order please. :D
SanOmahaSTLItalyPordenoneAntonioUK
[emoji23]

Sanantoniobird

StLRedbird said:
Sanantoniobird said:
Yeah, Iceland is a hikers paradise. The place is lousy with waterfalls and lava fields. Does tunneling in via vpn fix the problem with ESPN+ or just replace it with a different problem?
Yes, ExpressVPN solves all the problems. Except for GoRedbird videos (interviews) I can’t tell if it’s the site or my side. ExpressVPN fools Netflix, ESPN, etc. anybody I’ve needed.

Top Bottom