One shining moment...

gobirds85

Since bball will now take a hiatus from our lives until November I just wanted to get some feedback on this year's tourney.

bu played incredibly well in the first round. Very impressive. I stand corrected as I thought they were going to get pummeled. They didn't.

So much chalk in the first two rounds you could choke. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the favorites were 16-0 on Sat/Sun and 13-3 ATS. No Cinderellas for you.

duke, once again, a wee bit overrated.

FTs, FTs, FTs...I'm looking at you, Kentucky.

Watching Tacko Fall and JA Morant was a blast! Few players are worth the price of admission, these two are.

The two best things about the tourney...Vegas and the fact that dicky v doesn't call the games.

Question...should the ncaa look at moving the final four to Thursday night and play the championship on Sat? Pros and cons.

Bird Friend

gobirds85 said:
Since bball will now take a hiatus from our lives until November I just wanted to get some feedback on this year's tourney.

bu played incredibly well in the first round. Very impressive. I stand corrected as I thought they were going to get pummeled. They didn't.

So much chalk in the first two rounds you could choke. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the favorites were 16-0 on Sat/Sun and 13-3 ATS. No Cinderellas for you.

duke, once again, a wee bit overrated.

FTs, FTs, FTs...I'm looking at you, Kentucky.

Watching Tacko Fall and JA Morant was a blast! Few players are worth the price of admission, these two are.

The two best things about the tourney...Vegas and the fact that dicky v doesn't call the games.

Question...should the ncaa look at moving the final four to Thursday night and play the championship on Sat? Pros and cons.

Duke's "rating" was very subjective. They were the most talented team in the tourney player-by-player than anyone else. But they're youth and immaturity was also reason for concern. Most of the pundits agreed they could win it all while also saying they could lose against the right team. Well . . .

This tourney is all about match ups, and sometimes really good teams face "lesser" teams that match up really well. The Blue Devils faced two of those and then a team "equal" to them back-to-back-to-back. Duke is also a case in point about the need for a PG who can hit the 3 consistently (and Jones couldn't).

As to moving to Thu/Sat . . . the semi-final usually has the better games and IIRC the better ratings . . . so until that changes the NCAA would be foolish to change it.

SgtHulka

The 8:20 start for the championship is bad. Cut out some of the pregame BS and move it up to a 7:30 start

ISU FAN 1

Bird Friend said:
SgtHulka said:
The 8:20 start for the championship is bad. Cut out some of the pregame BS and move it up to a 7:30 start

:text-+1:

Scrap the Katy Perry crap. Quit trying to turn the NCAA pregame game into the Super Bowl halftime show.

And, I didn’t need to see ISU’s One Shining Moment again. The last play of the game at Missou State came in #4 in the top 10 college basketball plays of the year on ESPN’s College Gameday Preview show.

That said, now that I’m retired, I get to nap and sleep whenever the hell I want. My boss seemed to frown on that.

Bird Friend

ISU FAN 1 said:
Bird Friend said:
SgtHulka said:

Scrap the Katy Perry crap. Quit trying to turn the NCAA pregame game into the Super Bowl halftime show.

And, I didn’t need to see ISU’s One Shining Moment again. The last play of the game at Missou State came in #4 in the top 10 college basketball plays of the year on ESPN’s College Gameday Preview show.

That said, now that I’m retired, I get to nap and sleep whenever the hell I want. My boss seemed to frown on that.

Did they note the double dribble in the MO-St finale?

Hamdonger

ISU FAN 1 said:

Mr. Steinbrenner??

TIMMY

shutterstock_213175357.jpg

Metamoron

isuquinndog said:
That's 5:30 pm on the west coast. Not happening. It should start right at 8 though.

But 930 in eastern time zone.

Oh for the days of tape delay broadcasts on the west coast!!!

SgtHulka

Metamoron said:
isuquinndog said:
That's 5:30 pm on the west coast. Not happening. It should start right at 8 though.

But 930 in eastern time zone.

Oh for the days of tape delay broadcasts on the west coast!!!

Maybe they should just play the game twice

Tpguy

ISU FAN 1 said:
Bird Friend said:
SgtHulka said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Is your mattress stuffed with cash ? :whistle:

Top Bottom