Ole Miss Pregame Event - Redbird Rally

Adunk33

Staff member
https://events.illinoisstate.edu/event/redbird-rally-pregame-event-before-isu-vs-ole-miss/

Another chance to socialize at a pregame event.

Saturday, Dec 8.
5-6:30 p.m.
12$ per person includes food and will have a cash bar.
Hancock Stadium Club
Registration Required

Redbird222

"One thousand fans will also receive a Dan Muller Bitmoji bobblehead. "

You think they intentially left off first 1000 fans?

Morans14

Redbird222 said:

If it's like the Spack bobblehead, you get a ticket and it may or may not be a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bird Friend

Redbird222 said:

The problem is that they'll have a set # of bobbleheads at each entrance. One entrance will run out before the others. So, technically, it's not the "first" 1000 fans. It's the first x-number of fans at each entrance.

Adunk33

Staff member
Morans14 said:
Redbird222 said:

If it's like the Spack bobblehead, you get a ticket and it may or may not be a winner.

This. I'm pretty sure it's another scratch off situation. 1000 fans will get a bobble head, everyone else will get a free drink, a percentage off an apparel item, or something like that.

Redbird222

Adunk33 said:
Morans14 said:
Redbird222 said:

This. I'm pretty sure it's another scratch off situation. 1000 fans will get a bobble head, everyone else will get a free drink, a percentage off an apparel item, or something like that.

Thanks

Jsnhbe1Birds

i thought they said first 1000 fans at the last game but i may be mistaken. wasnt listening too closely

ricohill

I called this weeks ago. You can’t just give away 1,000 and people not get confused or upset. It would be like the Cubs or Cardinals giving away 5,000 of something.

I think the pre-game event will be good. The bobble head is going to upset people.

Jsnhbe1Birds

ricohill said:
I called this weeks ago. You can’t just give away 1,000 and people not get confused or upset. It would be like the Cubs or Cardinals giving away 5,000 of something.

I think the pre-game event will be good. The bobble head is going to upset people.

especially if all section P gets on and then they have a few to give away to other people. But, i really do think its first 1000 to show up

Morans14

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
ricohill said:

especially if all section P gets on and then they have a few to give away to other people. But, i really do think its first 1000 to show up
It's 1000 fans per their Facebook site. It will likely be a scratch off. Luck of the draw makes it fair.

Adunk33

Staff member
Morans14 said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
ricohill said:

It's 1000 fans per their Facebook site. It will likely be a scratch off. Luck of the draw makes it fair.

Exactly. Just like they did for the Spack bobble head. That was crazy, me and six friends walk into Hancock in a row and go to the same guy to get the scratch offs for that, and no one got a bobble head. Meanwhile, the people sitting in front of us had 4 or 5 of them in their group.

When I was a kid, and as recent as the Doug Collins bobble head, most if not all fans got one. I understand its cheaper overall to buy 1000 bobble heads, and then give away some free drinks or 25% off merch or whatever. Basically, if anyone gets multiple bobble heads for their household, I would gladly take one off your hands.

ricohill

Adunk33 said:
Morans14 said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:

Exactly. Just like they did for the Spack bobble head. That was crazy, me and six friends walk into Hancock in a row and go to the same guy to get the scratch offs for that, and no one got a bobble head. Meanwhile, the people sitting in front of us had 4 or 5 of them in their group.

When I was a kid, and as recent as the Doug Collins bobble head, most if not all fans got one. I understand its cheaper overall to buy 1000 bobble heads, and then give away some free drinks or 25% off merch or whatever. Basically, if anyone gets multiple bobble heads for their household, I would gladly take one off your hands.

It’s really their only giveaway to fans all year. You should probably just get enough for everyone. It’s only going to be 5,000 people at the game. The last thing you want are fans on a promotion day going home unhappy. Imagine if one of your kids wins the scratch off and another doesn’t? That’s a nightmare no parent should have to deal with.

At least if you say first 5,000 it gives you an opportunity, if it’s important to you to be at the arena early to get one.

This may not seem like a big thing, but you ruin the experience like this to fans and they may never come back. I’m sure I’ll take criticism for thinking that way, but in today’s society it will happen.

Jsnhbe1Birds

According to one website it's $25,000 for 5,000 bobble heads. Let's say $35,000 to be safe (maybe better quality). For 1,000 it's about $7,000.

Adunk33

Staff member
ricohill said:
Adunk33 said:
Morans14 said:

It’s really their only giveaway to fans all year. You should probably just get enough for everyone. It’s only going to be 5,000 people at the game. The last thing you want are fans on a promotion day going home unhappy. Imagine if one of your kids wins the scratch off and another doesn’t? That’s a nightmare no parent should have to deal with.

At least if you say first 5,000 it gives you an opportunity, if it’s important to you to be at the arena early to get one.

This may not seem like a big thing, but you ruin the experience like this to fans and they may never come back. I’m sure I’ll take criticism for thinking that way, but in today’s society it will happen.

Good post!

Birdswin

Depends on your definition of "fair". Making it like a lottery is a very strange way of doing it - no effort involved. How many scratch-off tickets do they have? I would be willing those are limited to - yes, to the first XX number of people will get a scratch off. Then what the heck is the purpose?? Sounds like some sort of stupid idea like my mother-in-law dreams up.

SoCalRedbird

If any of you anti-Dan types want to ship me your Dan Muller bobblehead, I'll gladly take it. I can send you shipping fees via PayPal. PM me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JHBird

Redbird222 said:

Nope, a few years ago I got to a football game bright and early so I could get my Brock Spack bobblehead...but all I got was some stupid coupon. The last guy to arrive in our group got a bobblehead. It's caused tension between us ever since.

I guess you have to arrive early just to get a lotto ticket....

Top Bottom