Offseason Wish List

WIth the season basically over, thought it might be fun to get this in one thread. In no particular order:

-OC with previous D1 coaching experience (preferably).
-New home unis. Don't care for the red on red personally. The road white/white/white has got to be one of the best looks in football though.
-One red stripe down the middle of the helmet.
-An actual draw-up/concept on a new indoor facility that isn't just a picture of Youngstown State's facility with a pic of Reggie over the "Y".
-New turf. Yes, I know this is actually happening. I personally like the alternating darker/lighter green ever 5 yards. Would settle for a little more color in the end zones...Don't care which way Reggie's head faces...
-WR transfer (or two).
-Open QB competition.
-Turnover Calzone. Every time someone on D gets a turnover, they get a calzone right there on the sidelines. Who needs a stupid chain?...

DaveBird10

BallwinBird2012 said:
WIth the season basically over, thought it might be fun to get this in one thread. In no particular order:

-New home unis. Don't care for the red on red personally. The road white/white/white has got to be one of the best looks in football though.
-An actual draw-up/concept on a new indoor facility that isn't just a picture of Youngstown State's facility with a pic of Reggie over the "Y".
-New turf. Yes, I know this is actually happening. I personally like the alternating darker/lighter green ever 5 yards. Would settle for a little more color in the end zones...Don't care which way Reggie's head faces...
-WR transfer (or two).
-Open QB competition.
-Turnover Calzone. Every time someone on D gets a turnover, they get a calzone right there on the sidelines. Who needs a stupid chain?...
Agree with all of this especially the red on red home uni's and more color/different for the turf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Virginia Redbird

BallwinBird2012 said:

-WR transfer (or two).
-Open QB competition.

I am with you on everything but the single red stripe down the center of the helmet...I like the current helmet. The red on red home uniforms? Yeah, I think they could use a little work. I like the all white on the road though. I think instead of the calzone, I would go for the meatball sub from Avantis...with the sauce though maybe we better keep the red on red at home!
:lol:

Chi-bird

Personally, I don't care too much for all the uniform switching....but while we are discussing it, our away (white on white) jerseys are outstanding. I think our red on red is too non-traditional and is on the gaudy side. Simply lose the red pants.

I wouldn't mind the occasional red pants on white top (for away games).

Bender

Here's a handful of on and off the field ideas that I would like to see in the next year(s):

- With the new turf, make Reggie larger. Not sure if it's possible with the hash marks, but I feel it would pop more. Also on the field it would look nice to have the MVFC logo on the 25 yard line facing the stands.

- I would like to see a number or two of recent players to have their numbers "retired" to embrace the recent past of Redbird football to try and make sure the recent alums make an effort to come back to as many games as possible. Another thing that could shed light on the history of the program is to do something that I really like that Clemson does with their retired numbers. They wear the patches below to honor those who have their numbers retired. Something like this could be on those that wear the retired numbers for the program.

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpr...82252-e1484009877344.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

- An idea that I've had for the South end of the stadium is to actually build a row of enclosed suites to replace the tents/metal bleachers. They could have some seating or just a standing area in front of the suites. From there, they should build seating on top of the suites. Maybe 10, 15, 20 rows of seats the width of the field, or have it wrap around to the East side of the stadium. Those suites would be even more of a bigger ticket in this setup.

- Why not have a 50/50 raffle at every home game with half of the total pot going to the WSF? For the big event games, (Family Weekend, Homecoming) it could be a decent amount of cash. This could also give the Athletics Dept more of an opportunity to promote the WSF and the perks of being an annual donor.

- This one is a little selfish, I've parked in the WSF lot G64 across the street from the stadium for the last few years. As a WSF lot, why is it not paved? It took me over an hour to clean out my car of all of the dust after a game early this last season because it hadn't rained in quite a while. We're going to switch lots next year, but as a prime lot with the back drop of the East side why can't it be paved?

DannyCooksey

DaveBird10 said:
BallwinBird2012 said:

-WR transfer (or two).
-Open QB competition.
Agree with all of this especially the red on red home uni's and more color/different for the turf.

agree with all of this

Thinking along the lines of on-field wish list, I wish that whoever gets the keys as OC can develop some kind of offensive identity. I feel like that's something that we've lost over the last couple of years, specifically this past season. It just seems like the offensive staff never really had a concrete idea about who/what our offense was and it seemed to change from week to week. Some weeks, we tried to be a power running team, others we seemed to want to spread it out. I'm obviously all for game planning and taking what the defense gives you, but it just seemed like there was never much consistency. The 2014 team just felt like they knew what they were. Run the ball. Hit the deep ball to open up the run game. Obviously, having some of the most talented players in school history helped too....

Going with that thought, I think we have RB depth and athleticism at QB to be a team that can really open things up in the run game. Unfortunately, our O-Line never got much of a push, and we didn't have WR that could keep a defense honest and open up a running game that much more. SO, add an IMPACT O-Line transfer or two to my original list :D

BallwinBird2012 said:
Thinking along the lines of on-field wish list, I wish that whoever gets the keys as OC can develop some kind of offensive identity. I feel like that's something that we've lost over the last couple of years, specifically this past season. It just seems like the offensive staff never really had a concrete idea about who/what our offense was and it seemed to change from week to week. Some weeks, we tried to be a power running team, others we seemed to want to spread it out. I'm obviously all for game planning and taking what the defense gives you, but it just seemed like there was never much consistency. The 2014 team just felt like they knew what they were. Run the ball. Hit the deep ball to open up the run game. Obviously, having some of the most talented players in school history helped too....

Going with that thought, I think we have RB depth and athleticism at QB to be a team that can really open things up in the run game. Unfortunately, our O-Line never got much of a push, and we didn't have WR that could keep a defense honest and open up a running game that much more. SO, add an IMPACT O-Line transfer or two to my original list :D

I swear I didn't read this article before posting my thoughts on offensive identity...

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/illinois-state/spack-hopes-to-fill-coordinator-spot-soon/article_5176a210-4c71-50a6-9049-d9500a213582.html

TreRoberson4Heisman

Even though this is poor character...and moronic to post on social media — everyone knows Tenn stinks. The world of Spackland and 2nd chances should consider giving him a call.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21520391/tennessee-dismisses-injured-wide-receiver-jauan-jennings-team

https://247sports.com/player/jauan-jennings-31595

StLRedbird

cpacmel said:
1 wish only. Replace the St.xavier game with any D1 game.
:text-+1:

Gotta make that two, though. Come up with something distinctive with the paint in the new endzones.

Reggie Redbird

TreRoberson4Heisman said:
Even though this is poor character...and moronic to post on social media — everyone knows Tenn stinks. The world of Spackland and 2nd chances should consider giving him a call.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21520391/tennessee-dismisses-injured-wide-receiver-jauan-jennings-team

https://247sports.com/player/jauan-jennings-31595

Don’t worry! As soon as I saw this, I said, “Spack could help him!”

As far as QBs go, we’ll have five of them on the roster and another one coming in. I can’t see having six QBs, especially if five of them are on scholarship. We’ll see what happens there. My guess is that some guys will want to play.

fourthandshort

I would sniff but not touch the Tenn kid .. seems toxic.

That said, assuming we find a good up and comer type OC .. one who Spack will allow some leash .. here are our biggest needs on scale of 1 to 5.

WR group is a 5 .. need a lot of help
DT group is 3 or 4 .. we lost a lot, need a stop gap guy while waiting for next crop to develop

CB group .. same as DT.. need some help while we wait for young er guys to develop.

Aside from that, our offense should be fine assuming we find the right OC. Kolbe had zero help, other than his RB group .. and do note, even they struggled at times against weaker teams due to all the other offensive issues.

So 3 wishes .....

Find the right OC .. one who knows the passing game inside out.

Find a stud WR .. the right OC should help attract someone.

Find another game to replace St Xavier.

Birdfan 4Life

DaveBird10 said:
BallwinBird2012 said:

-WR transfer (or two).
-Open QB competition.

:text-+1:

+Give me Red Endzones like down in Frisco (that was really sharp) and a bigger Redbird Head like in RBA.
+Any kind of news on the Indoor Facility...come out and tell us what is still needed $$$ wise.
+More Field Level Suites in North Endzone / and/or Temporary Bleachers in the South Endzone to take advantage of HC, Family, Home Opener, CommUniv Day. (Market the crap out of the Alcohol availability to Alumni)
+Tearing down Weaver's Rent All and connecting the 2 Donor Lots G&F64 / Paving the gravel lot (G64)
+Allow people to set up Tents in the Grass South of stadium outside of Turner Hall for Tailgating (first come first serve set up/creates more buzz around stadium/player walk)

fourthandshort

Birdfan 4Life said:
Images of what you can do for Temporary Build-Up for a Season with Platforms...at whatever level you can go sell the idea of further Club/Suites/etc.

https://goo.gl/images/M84rem
https://goo.gl/images/5ECYMF
https://goo.gl/images/cN6dpi
https://goo.gl/images/ZqC11f
https://goo.gl/images/maerCh

BF4L has something here as far as a concept. I've been at his golf tourney and sat in one of the sponsored booths ... great seating atmosphere that gets you close to action. Note, this is temporary construction built around 16th Par 3 hole just for this tournament. This could be constructed to allow for more seating for Homecoming and Family Day .. this type of very flexible/durable temporary construction could add 1000+ seats to southend end zone and some booths which could be sponsored. First year, we could limit it to the 2 big games, and market it hard, just to see what we could make of it. Or if it is selling, add a 3rd game .. either opener or a big MVFC game. Might need 3 games just to break eve/profit.

Get some design engineers to work up renderings, and start drumming up interest for new 2 or 3 game package, and charge MORE per seat (and suite sponsors) than normal package since we're offering extra seats for the 2-3 best game tickets. And unlike some fair weather season ticket holders, these people who buy this 2-3 game promo in south end zone, they would all show up ... even in rain, because there is lot of covered areas behind the seats.

Great low risk transitional idea to see if we can get the 2-3 big event games to sell out at 15,000. Then work it from there until we're ready to fill in southend zone with permanent structure.