Offensive Line

lenobird90

I’d have to think Himmelman and the Illinois transfer have the left side secured.

DaveBird10

O-line starters appear to be
LT- Drew Himmleman
LG- Gabe Megginson
C- Garrett Hirsch
RG- Chad Kanugh
RT- Donavin O'Day

For backups I know i saw/ have read Jared Rients, Trey Georgie, Cole Anderson and Evan Day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

fourthandshort

Thanks ! I could be wrong.. but sure seems like this group is primed for a much improved season ... knock on wood they stay relatively healthy. But i can't wait to see our run game this year.

Virginia Redbird

fourthandshort said:
Thanks ! I could be wrong.. but sure seems like this group is primed for a much improved season ... knock on wood they stay relatively healthy. But i can't wait to see our run game this year.

I love the Offensive line and expect a solid year from these guys. I also believe that the promotion of Davis to starting QB could be a help to this group. If his running ability is as advertised and his release of the ball and quick decision making is also accurate that could take a great deal of pressure off the O-Line. It will make the defense a bit more hesitant as they rush and maybe lessen the number of sacks given up. We will have to wait and see how Davis performs but as a former O-Lineman...I hated it went the QB held the ball forever, could not make up his mind or get rid of the ball quickly. The O-Line gets hit for giving up a sack but sometimes the QB took far too long to make his read progressions and get the ball out of his hand.
One unknown is the new O-Line coach and the impact of his teaching and leadership. A couple years ago we had an all senior line and expected that to be the foundation of the offense. It did not turn out that way at all and it took until mid-season before the line started to get their mojo going. That was also the first season of the "Co-Offensive Coordinators". Did that split coaching responsibility have a negative impact on the development and coaching of the O-line? I don't know but that O-Line two years ago was a Senior dominated line that had played well and was experienced. To me the problem must have been coaching. I am looking forward to seeing the impact Coach Etheridge will have on this group of Redbirds. Everything starts with the O-Line!

Top Bottom