NIL Collective

cubird

Some Illini lineman getting $200,000. Even at the P5 some team collectives may be limited to having to spread out resources to stud recruits or concentrating on retaining players they develop. I think Illinois's current model is recruiting 3stars and maybe a lucky 4 star and then keeping guys that produce with NILs.

ChiRedbirdfan

D-I college sports are so f'd .. NIL is just the last straw, well a bigass bail of hay.
…..yet even though we now have much hated portal and nil (and hated conf realign too) in college sports the viewership is strong and setting some records. Following is one of many articles about strong viewership this year. I too dislike both nil and portal but I guess I hypocritically like\watch college sports as much as ever. I am also signing up next year to add northwestern football tickets to northwestern men’s basketball season tickets I already purchase!

fourthandshort

…..yet even though we now have much hated portal and nil (and hated conf realign too) in college sports the viewership is strong and setting some records. Following is one of many articles about strong viewership this year. I too dislike both nil and portal but I guess I hypocritically like\watch college sports as much as ever. I am also signing up next year to add northwestern football tickets to northwestern men’s basketball season tickets I already purchase!

Very strong, the hypocrisy is !! I'm a fan too, but love the FCS model too. Not sure how I would feel if we weren't in MVFC. This is why I drive the Spack haters crazy .. I would rather go 6-5 in MVFC than 9-2 in OVC, etc. We wouldn't have made 4 quarterfinals (should have made 5) in 13 years if not for playing in MVFC .. and the games would be far less interesting to me.

Top Bottom