Nice Article on Megginson Departure from UofI

topiarydan

Interesting and respectful read
https://247sports.com/college/illinois/Article/QA-Gabe-Megginson-goes-in-depth-on-issues-with-Illinois-Fighting-Illini-rejuvenated-feeling-after-transfer-to-Illinois-State-Redbirds-119760793/

fourthandshort

seems like a good young man with his head scewed on ok. Probably didn't need to call out the one coach as much as he did. But he seems like a genuine decent guy and pretty down to earth. Glad he acclimated well .. many FBSers assume they will do this and do NOT do it this quickly.

Good to hear he stepped up to starting role so quickly .... opponent run defenses are going to really struggle against us this year .. and it won't be so up and down like last year. I can not wait to see the entire offense, including Kolbe and pass game ... going to be fun to see it come together offensively.

CaliRdBrd

topiarydan said:
Interesting and respectful read
https://247sports.com/college/illinois/Article/QA-Gabe-Megginson-goes-in-depth-on-issues-with-Illinois-Fighting-Illini-rejuvenated-feeling-after-transfer-to-Illinois-State-Redbirds-119760793/

Impressive. Very candid and I respect the hell out of that.

ChiRedbirdfan

fourthandshort said:
seems like a good young man with his head scewed on ok. Probably didn't need to call out the one coach as much as he did. But he seems like a genuine decent guy and pretty down to earth. Glad he acclimated well .. many FBSers assume they will do this and do NOT do it this quickly.

Good to hear he stepped up to starting role so quickly .... opponent run defenses are going to really struggle against us this year .. and it won't be so up and down like last year. I can not wait to see the entire offense, including Kolbe and pass game ... going to be fun to see it come together offensively.

After watching Kobe the past two seasons I was personally hoping ISU has a better QB option. Kobe was good a times but also had times where he was completely ineffective leading the offense.

Hamdonger

Dang, we got Kobe??

Just a hunch, but I believe Kolbe is going to have a breakout year.

Very interesting reading regarding McGee. Surprised Lovie didn't fire him midway. And two guys intricately involved in the offense teaching different technique in the crunch? Man.

Welcome, Gabe!!

ChiRedbirdfan

Humdinger said:
Dang, we got Kobe??

Very interesting reading regarding McGee. Surprised Lovie didn't fire him midway. And two guys intricately involved in the offense teaching different technique in the crunch? Man.

Welcome, Gabe!!

lol...him too

U of I sounds like an absolute mess

fourthandshort

Humdinger said:
Dang, we got Kobe??

Welcome, Gabe!!

There he goes again .... Kobe copies whatever MJ does ... MJ retires to play minor league baseball ... so Kobe retires to play FCS football. Yeesh he needs to get his own frickin life for once !!!

StLRedbird

Sounds like Illinois just cast him aside. Hard to figure. So the OC and the line coach were teaching different techniques and he as penalized for choosing wrongly? This really feels like their loss is our gain. In any case, Megginson's maturity impresses me. Looking forward to seeing him play.

TIMMY

StLRedbird said:
So the OC and the line coach were teaching different techniques and he as penalized for choosing wrongly?
That's really weird. Everyone teaches things a little differently. A line coach should adapt to what the OC wants. Lovie's a pretty tough guy. I'm surprised he would let that go on. Glad Gabe got out of there.

JHBird

I get how he likes spring ball here, more energy, etc. I was running by the stadium early a few mornings ago and heard a bunch of guys shouting and having a good time during practice. I never heard such excitement and wondered what drill they were doing, but they had a couple of Frisbee football games going. So Brock knows how to keep it fun. Hope he stays another 10 years.

Top Bottom