Newcomers added

Total Red

Staff member
Hang in there fourth. No practice hasn't started yet but GoRedbirds has thrown us a bone to chew on by adding the newcomers to the 2019 roster.

https://goredbirds.com/roster.aspx?path=football

First I checked the QB's because we were down to just 2. Yes Jack Baltz and Britton Morris are listed. That's important. Second string QB Broadnax started against South Dakota St. in '17 and Kolbe got most of the snaps against SDSU last year. We know that Davis is our starter (no real "QB competition" this year) but since it has a become a tradition for the #2 QB to play against the Jacks we need to figure out who that is going to be (Jefferson, Baltz, Morris?)

We recruited a bushel of RB's but not all of them are listed. Dayjure Stewart from PA and Sean Paradise from GA have yet to be added. Is that why we recruited so many? Did we know that a couple might be questionable? Regardless we have today very well covered with running backs Robinson&Proctor. We'll let the youngsters compete for tomorrow.

The one absence that concerns me is former Hawkeye Brandon Simon. Not yet listed. I wasn't sure where he was going to line up and when but it was a good problem to have. Tell him to get his GPS realigned for Normal, IL and get his butt in here.

One other beef. I know players like to change numbers. And I know teams sometimes have duplicate #'s. QB Brady Davis went from uniform #4 last year to #1. Ok so far. So #4 is became available. First Andrew Edgar nabbed it - still ok. But now GoRedbirds shows #4 as a duplicate?
Wrong - it's a triplicate!? Not ok. Iverson Brown, Mike Gardner and Andrew Edgar cannot all share the same #4. Not only do two play defense (Brown, Gardner), they're both DB's! How do you keep that straight? Now you're just jerking me around and trying to piss me off. :doh: lol.

fourthandshort

You know its bad when updating the roster and confusing jersey #'s is the most interesting news in over 2 months ... any new "football trailers" to report ???

:angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot:

chuckie1980

Just for you, 4th,...(old news)….but you asked for it....

http://archives.lincolndailynews.com/2007/Sep/08/News/sports090807_a.htm

Top Bottom