New tax bill impact on college sports

GratefulRed

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/12/20/college-sports-impact-new-tax-bill-millions/968741001/

Interesting read. Not sure if/how much this will cost ISU but it's all going to cost donors and ticket holders.

Birdswin

The excise tax on the highest paid coaches - is somewhat similar to a luxury tax or a "hit" for going over the salary cap. As for the destructibility of donations - this was only partially deductible to begin with AND it was only deductible IF a person itemized. When according to IRS filing records, only 30 percent of all tax payers itemized, it is possible this will not affect as many as the USA article is alluding to. In addition, the article doe snot discuss the lower tax rates and higher exemptions, which will offset the itemized deductions, unless you happen to be in something like the top 10 percent of all earners nationwide.

SgtHulka

I think calling it doe snot is a bit extreme. And had I known my donations were destructible, I may have second guessed making them

fourthandshort

SgtHulka said:
I think calling it doe snot is a bit extreme. And had I known my donations were destructible, I may have second guessed making them

normally not a fan of nitpicking posts with typos .. I've had too many to count, especially if typing from my cell phone

but this was well played Sgt !!

dpdoughbird06

fourthandshort said:
SgtHulka said:

normally not a fan of nitpicking posts with typos .. I've had too many to count, especially if typing from my cell phone

Hulka sits within immediate blast radius of birdswin in the upper bowl - he knows "destructible" when he sees it! Especially with the UIC officiating crew adding lighter fluid to the mix of Redbirds trying to blow a buy game...

When will doe snot show up as active ingredient for facial scrubs in Target's high-end cosmetics aisle?

TIMMY

doe snots aside, ad's are buggering the pillowcase over this. including or own runny nose Larry.

SgtHulka

dpdoughbird06 said:
fourthandshort said:
SgtHulka said:

Hulka sits within immediate blast radius of birdswin in the upper bowl - he knows "destructible" when he sees it! Especially with the UIC officiating crew adding lighter fluid to the mix of Redbirds trying to blow a buy game...

When will doe snot show up as active ingredient for facial scrubs in Target's high-end cosmetics aisle?
it's not pretty when Birdswin take offense at anything the refs do wrong. I'm 5 seats away, but I could be 5 sections away and still hear him.

Birdswin

Geez, gone a few days and heck breaks loose - ha, ha, ha. The ole Sarge is correct - I am anything but timid when it comes to refs calls or non-calls - and when our players take STUPID shots - that gets under my skin.

Top Bottom