New Parking configuration?

Birdswin

Anyone know about a new parking configuration for football?? I received a voicemail from a person who tailgates next to us in the Ropp Lot saying the Athletic Dept is changing the parking. I have not been able to get a hold of him. Has anyone heard anything?

fourthandshort

as long as I'm still within 100 feet of a power outlet for my tailgate, I'm not gonna sweat this one. I know I can just buy another extension cord, but then I have to duke it out with that many more drunk Redbirds trying to use same outlet .. electricity and alcohol are not a good mix if things get ugly.

:angry-argument: :angry-extinguishflame:

Birdswin

Update - heard that the Ropp Lot - G-83 in ISU terms - will have all spaces numbered and reserved. In the past, half of the lot was numbered and the other half as "General Admission" or first-come, first-served - this is where the tailgating takes place. Thus, this will make tailgating rather difficult, unless you are able to get multiple spaces or the tailgating will have to be in the "driving lane area" - which is marked with red lines.

I wonder if the Athletic Dept should ask each donor whether they tailgate or not? There are people who have a parking pass, but show up like 30 minutes prior to the game and have to drive through the tailgates - which at times is quite a mess of people, tents, and so forth. Then allow the people who tailgate - work it out - which has seemed to be fine over the years.

Trey_Guidry4three

Birdswin said:
Anyone know about a new parking configuration for football?? I received a voicemail from a person who tailgates next to us in the Ropp Lot saying the Athletic Dept is changing the parking. I have not been able to get a hold of him. Has anyone heard anything?

Got the same voicemail. Confusing as heck...

Top Bottom