New law would ban tackle football for youths

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
http://wgntv.com/2018/01/25/illinois-law-would-ban-tackle-football-for-kids-under-12/

Ok, let's try this again. Talk about the law, you can disagree with it. But when you start bringing political parties and how one party over the other is ruining Illinois, you are past the point of this post.

We are divided enough over ISU athletics, let's not add R or D.

redbirddad10

isuguinndog, I agree and will keep to the subject. Please understand my response was to make a point about earlier posts. Thanks for stepping in.
Football at every level needs to address the coming storm around CTE. We have only seen the beginning of what is going to be a costly period as more men manifest the symptoms and we are all forced to pay for the healthcare costs of caring for them. I continue to hear Coaches and Fans repeat macho " In my day ...." ; "Are we going to turn Football into Flag!?!" and other tone deaf responses. I'm glad leaders are addressing the issue because if the Sport is allowed to self-regulate we can see from the responses of youth Coaches thru the NFL that they will continue to do nothing and eventually lawsuits will kill the Sport. The only protection is to take serious actions to mitigate the risks, hopefully that will lower the risks/injuries and prove the Sport takes CTE seriously. New equipment may be an answer? I was out of the country and watched Rugby recently. Does Rugby have the same CTE issues? Is there something we can learn from Rugby? Great game btw, a perfect sport for similar type of athletes.

Top Bottom