New assistant coach: Chris Duhon

Bird Friend

Welcome, Chris!

And didn't take long for someone to find the fools gold lining . . .

https://twitter.com/Dan_TheSportFan/status/1008515887123574784

Redbird Alum 2004

Like the hire as long as he has his head back on straight. He did some nice things with Elmore while at Marshall.

DannyCooksey

Like the hire. Chris was an excellent college player and had a respectable career with the Bulls. Should be a good coach for the PG's.

Love that 2 of our 3 assistants came from huge programs and have tons of tourney experience as players. I think that helps.

Redbirdwarrior

Chris Duhon has an NCAA National Championship ring. That helps on recruiting visits, I'll promise you that. Further, he is still a very recognizable name in the Chicago basketball circle. Should help us continue pulling quality talent out of Cook County.

Beyond that, Duhon was one of the best college guards in the last 20 years and understands the Xs and Os of the position at an extremely high level. Dude was an NBA player for a decade. He will make our current players MUCH better. He has a strong defensive mindset and really grasps passing lanes. The happiest player on the team should be Elijah Clarance today. He just got a guy to learn from and learn from hard.

TheTruth

Redbirdwarrior said:
The happiest player on the team should be Elijah Clarance today. He just got a guy to learn from and learn from hard.

Amen to that!

PurpleRedbird

If no driver's license yet, wondering how that works on the recruiting trail. In Coach I trust though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DWRedbird

Really like the hire. Assistant coach with name recognition, and NCAA Championship/NBA pedigree, which will help out on the recruiting trail. And, I'm also guessing he'll be able to teach our guards a thing or two about the position.

saxman210

I like the hire as long as the problems of his past are behind him. The reason he resigned from Marshall was because he got arrested for driving while license revoked again according to that article. Hopefully he's got his license taken care of and he won't make that mistake again.

From a pure basketball standpoint, you've gotta guy who has won a national championship and knows what it takes to get drafted. Our guards AND Milik should be thrilled to have someone with his experience in their corner.

Redbird Alum 2004

http://www.goredbirds.com/news/2018/6/18/mens-basketball-redbirds-add-chris-duhon-as-assistant-coach.aspx

Sounds like he is a good recruiter

Adunk33

Staff member
Redbird Alum 2004 said:
http://www.goredbirds.com/news/2018/6/18/mens-basketball-redbirds-add-chris-duhon-as-assistant-coach.aspx

Sounds like he is a good recruiter

Duhon helped build and recruit the core of players that advanced to the second round of the 2017-18 NCAA Tournament, including a win over fourth-seeded Wichita State in the opening round.

:lol: :lol: Real nice subtle jab there

saxman210

Had a great 10-15 minute conversation with HCDM tonight at the Cubs game alumni event. He is pumped to have Chris Duhon and as predicted, the guards were a little starstruck when they saw him wandering the halls of Redbird arena.

Good talking to Dan, we talked a lot about players that have come and gone as well as the team that we currently have. He’s definitely pumped for the team this year and the program going forward.

DaveBird10

Welcome coach Duhon to isu.

Imo great hire by HCDM this should work for the guards really well. As others have mentioned should play well with KE and EC. As for the rest I am sure as Duhon learns to recruit this could be big for guards around the Chicago land.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Bird Friend

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/basketball/men/muller-hires-ex-duke-nba-point-guard-duhon-as-isu/article_7636e8bd-65cd-55da-b3ee-cace75c6c4e3.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Has an Ndiaye update at the end, as well.

Top Bottom