NDSU vs. BIRDS GAME DAY

redbirdfan04

It is game day fellas. Unfortunately I'm watching it at home. Got the projector set up outside and the smoker is on! Let's Go Birds. Whose watching today? Give me a game day prediction.

Birds 24
NDSU 17

fourthandshort

I'll have it on, but watching on and off.. DIY project today, putting in new stairs ... it need to be done by spring break .. only 2 weekends left.

I don't honestly see a win happening, but it should be competitive .. both teams struggling on offense, and playing good solid defense. But without Trey Lance keeping entire defense honest, we should keep this close.

Go Redbirds !!!

Redbird15

LMAO I am going to give a little Redbird vs Jalen Bussey story info later.... kid 5'5 predict he will have 70 yards as a back up... we don't utilize kids skill sets properly NDSU will use all resources 1 to 3 depth. Watch how the use Bussey !

TIMMY

I formation 1st & 10 Iso right +30
Next play
Spread 1st &10 15 yard Dig Route. Overthrown Pick
Brilliant

TIMMY

Muffed punt 1st & 10 I formation Run a fing reverse? Well slap my ass and call me Sally! Why not. Fumble -15. That's why not!
Halftime. Only down 14. Merciful Heaven.

Virginia Redbird

ISU still needs to work on ball security. They got a couple of fumbles back but they are still putting the ball on the carpet and of course interception. Jefferson is 2/6 for 27 yards and 1 interception. The leading rusher is White 5 for 54 yards most of it on one carry. Noland for the Bison is 6/12 for 76 yards. The defense is playing pretty well. Special teams were lucky. Looked like the opening kickoff could have gone for 6 if that shoestring tackle is not made and then the punt return.
I have no idea where Bryant Stratton College is but they have the most obnoxious commercials I have ever seen!

Virginia Redbird

Kind of an ugly game for both sides. Penalties and turnovers. The Bison made the drive when they needed it and ISU could not stop them when they needed to. The last drive was a bit of a head-scratcher. Was it just me or did it look like the Redbirds were just casually walking around as the clock is winding down to nothing. Jefferson seems to throw the ball high quite a bit. Nice game by White. Really nice goal-line stand by the Birds in the first half. On the last Bison TD, it looked like ISU only rushed 3 men and the QB sat back there forever it seemed until the running lane opened up. Seemed like they could have put more pressure on him but they chose not to and paid for it. 0-3. Western next week and then SDSU, SIU and North Dakota. Not looking pretty. SIU with a big win over UNI today. Jacks squeak by YSU. North Dakota is 4-0.

Redbird15

Wow what a way to lose a game Defense played their heart out ! OC have got to start rolling bryson out. It's beyond me seeing an OC line up the RB on the left side of Bryson with the Defense not even blitzing from the left side... Um if RB is on right side of a QB who throws R-Arm and rolling right um he might be able to throw to the RB as a check off.. Because other than Nagel we don't have any other at WR that can stretch the field. I did see them throw to Carr and Kehepra both had a step on DB's which referees had blinders on for 2 pass interferences. When they do have Bryce throw to the left and rb is on the left they are always throwing to middle of the Field with receivers covered. LOL hearing announcers talk about Casper R being a big focus on shutting him down... um ISU had James Robinson last year which made it easy for CR to get open and all WR when teams were stacking the box to stop robinson !

Total Red

Staff member
Muffed punt 1st & 10 I formation Run a fing reverse? Well slap my ass and call me Sally! Why not. Fumble -15. That's why not!
Halftime. Only down 14. Merciful Heaven.
The receiver on the dig route was open. The sweep had open field ahead. Nothing will work if you can't execute.

Last edited:

Total Red

Staff member
Nigel White and Tanner Taula looked really good on offense. We have been getting the ball to the TE. Maybe the TE's coach has an in with the play caller. Clayton Isbell and Charles Woods had excellent games on defense. The Redbird's W/L record would look better in another conference, maybe even 3-0. We don't play in another conference. Not quite good enough gets you 0-3 in the Valley.

Redbird15

Play the freshman QB from Des Moines for the remainder of Spring games. Get him ready for the Fall.
Offensive Play Flow sucks. Even if Freshman in the Game. Example #1 at end of game NDSU not send men off left side.. QB is right handed rolling to the right why is it that most of the time the RB is on the left side so if WR are covered on right where or who is the QB to throw to as a check off ? 2. only saw 1 roll out of QB for a complete to his right side he is right hand why not get him out of the pocket if he can run let him throw/run ! ISU trips with WR/Slots etc. Why are we always going for deep ball etc. How many quick screens have we seen this year out of that set ? or quick passes um 2 ? We run jet sweep get 7/8 yards great but if you don't run same set again etc its a gadget play the announcers know more about carr speed than ISU staff ! Why not pull on another jet sweep QB run or hand off to RB or pass to sweep guy or throw to TE. OC are not thinking of strategic next play. When they throw the ball on left side of the field its usually a short slant. Basically ISU throw deep ball to Kehpera- Carr who refs had blinders on did not call PI when they throwed to them... Great to see some receiver separation.. The other was to Nagel which was great he is really the only receiver who can get separation consistently with the packages of receivers they have mostly on the field. Why not put those three in the game if we are going to throw deep balls. Tanner is a big body love his game ! He and the RB should be the check offs or sure thing if deep ball throws are covered. Goal Line /short yard package um MCcloyn/Pennington. We dont have JR ... Lol running white and brown off 1/2 holes with no blocker on short yardage. Great to see them change up running brown and white on more counter style running tonight . 1st two games lol is was more hit the hole in front of you and run ! Basically offense play calling is predictable about 85 percent of the time.

StLRedbird

Nigel White and Tanner Taula looked really good on offense. We have been getting the ball to the TE. Maybe the TE's coach has an in with the play caller. Clayton Isbell and Charles Woods had excellent games on defense. The Redbird's W/L record would look better in another conference, maybe even 3-0. We don't play in another conference. Not quite good enough gets you 0-3 in the Valley.
We seemed to be putting it together on offense in the second half. Have probably played our way out of an at-large, but we've got talent even with all the defections. Woulda loved to see how we would have done if we played in the fall.

Top Bottom