ncaa logic...

gobirds85

I'm hoping someone can explain something to me. Why do they penalize a team moving up by not allowing them to be bowl eligible right away? I could see an argument for a team moving down, but it seems stoopid to penalize a team moving up. JMU is getting screwed over.

ISUBU

The NCAA (through the power brokers) do not want to encourage teams to move up. They do not want any quick paydays that would financially motivate the transition.

fourthandshort

no idea.

But agreed in both directions ... and it makes no sense whatsoever. If they moved up to FBS and earned a bid year 1, all the more reason to reward their players and coaches.

CaliRdBrd

The NCAA may be the most inept organization in this country. And that’s saying an awful lot.

fourthandshort

Not to mention, their sudden over-correction to slow the # of teams going from FCS to FBS by raising the entry fee from $5,000 ... not a typo ... to $5,000,000 ... not a typo either .. and effective immediately (10.5.23), if passed. When they announced this in June, there was no date given just, if adopted., it would be immediate.

Amazing that was still or ever, just $5,000 entry fee to go FBS. More amazing that they raised it 1,000x and effective immediately. While I can understand the immediate thing because teams would certainly just submit the application and 5k in time, if they were given a future date certain. But to go from 5k to 5m ???

I sure hope they also dropped the already stupid bowl eligibility probation year in year 1.

TBS_20

It will be a travesty if they're the #1 G5 school (currently 2 or 3) and miss a new years bowl. No way ncaa can let those optics happen. There will be too much chatter for them not to concede, I think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom