NAU game - weather forecast ??

fourthandshort

Right now looks like we will be getting rained on ...which isn't a big deal, football can be played in rain. Problem is these are thunderstrorms which means very likely there will be lightnening in the evening with a 6:30pm game time .. which means there will probably be lightening delays during the game which would cause the game to go very late into evening ... and possibly be canceled.

Is there any precedence for rescheduling the time of a game ... could we move this game up to like mid afternoon to improve our chances of getting this game done ? I have to believe NAU will be here the night before ??

Redbirds100

I agree to move the game time up, it would be smart. But could the Police, the Refs from out of town, and the People working in the Stadium be as flexible?

They need too make that call Today, Thursday AM...............

Bring Your RED Ponchos...............

TIMMY

Redbirds100 said:
But could the Police, the Refs from out of town, and the People working in the Stadium be as flexible?

Not to mention people driving down from Wisconsin!

Moving a game time is easier said than done. You can't do it every time there's a chance of bad weather. Especially for a forecast like this: Scattered thunderstorms. Chance of rain 50%. Per weather.com. Not exactly a hurricane forecast.

I went to an Indiana H. S. game last Friday. 3 lightening delays. Game ended around midnight. Kids lost their homecoming dance. It never rained.

Reggie Redbird

Redbirds100 said:
I agree to move the game time up, it would be smart. But could the Police, the Refs from out of town, and the People working in the Stadium be as flexible?

They need too make that call Today, Thursday AM...............

Bring Your RED Ponchos...............

I believe they can move the game up, even if 2-3 hours. Refs often show up many hours before the game, so I don't think it would be too much trouble. Mostly they seem to drive, being local/regional. The police are already there during tailgating anyway, which "officially" starts at...11?...so that shouldn't be a problem either. I would guess it's mostly the ushers and whatnot if they could be around before. Chances are they'd rather work earlier if it's not meant to be in the rain.

I agree - red ponchos! :D

Redbirds100

Just checked the forecast, and now it says just cloudy............
:dance:

I would still bring the RED poncho.

I was Poncho less at Northern............

DBird

TIMMY said:
Redbirds100 said:
But could the Police, the Refs from out of town, and the People working in the Stadium be as flexible?

Moving a game time is easier said than done. You can't do it every time there's a chance of bad weather. Especially for a forecast like this: Scattered thunderstorms. Chance of rain 50%. Per weather.com. Not exactly a hurricane forecast.

I went to an Indiana H. S. game last Friday. 3 lightening delays. Game ended around midnight. Kids lost their homecoming dance. It never rained.
Hmmmm I wonder what game Timmy was at in Indiana??
:think:

TIMMY

DBird said:
TIMMY said:
Redbirds100 said:

Hmmmm I wonder what game Timmy was at in Indiana??
:think:
Oh, I think you might know. ;) Great CC meet the next day!

Top Bottom