MVFC with two in Semi's

Birdswin

Once again the MVFC is showing much more strength in the playoffs than those teams from the East.

ND State destroyed Colgate 35-0.

SD State won at Kenneshaw State - who was ranked #2 in the polls - and was a #4 in the seeding. Jacks win 27-17 in a rainstorm - steady rain the entire game.

The Committee made sure there would not be two MVFC teams in the championship game - bummer.

ChiRedbirdfan

Birdswin said:
Once again the MVFC is showing much more strength in the playoffs than those teams from the East.

SD State won at Kenneshaw State - who was ranked #2 in the polls - and was a #4 in the seeding. Jacks win 27-17 in a rainstorm - steady rain the entire game.

The Committee made sure there would not be two MVFC teams in the championship game - bummer.

or did they make certain there would be at least one mvc team in the championship game?

fourthandshort

ChiRedbirdfan said:
Birdswin said:

or did they make certain there would be at least one mvc team in the championship game?

well, NDSU was a given this year .. even more than most years. So not really.

Chi-bird

I think this very well may be the year that SDSU gets past the Bison.

ChiRedbirdfan

Chi-bird said:
I think this very well may be the year that SDSU gets past the Bison.

The Bison seem to be playing well/steamrolling everyone. I would be surprised if SDSU won this game.

gobirds85

The committee did their job to insure that SDSU and NDSU would not meet in Frisco. NDSU will continue their dominance this year. Way too strong on defense and way too deep on offense.

fourthandshort

I think it would have been all MVFC final in Frisco if SDSU were in other half. And as good as NDSU is this year, SDSU knows how to game plan them better than most. But oh paper, Bison are 2+ TDs better than everyone in final 4 .. though SDSU could make them sweat more than anyone else just because they know them well.

Chi-bird

The Bison are 7.5 favotlrites, but I like Taryn Christion to come up big in this game.

Should be a real good one.

JHBird

I wish SDSU could play them in Frisco instead. I wouldn't pick anybody to beat the Bison in Fargo. SDSU played them tough there this year and still fell short. I kinda feel like they'll lose by a couple of TD's this time ( of course I'm not taking any bets!)

gobirds85

Tonight's semi-final tussle between SDSU and NDSU. Both teams were clearly the cream of the crop in the Valley this year and should have been on opposite sides of the brackets but with our all powerful commissioner the Valley gets screwed again.

Who do you have tonight and why?

I like NDSU, even with the coaching issue, as they are at home and are very deep at so many positions. SDSU deserved the shot at Frisco but it is what it is.

Reggie Redbird

SDSU has been 100% focused on their game with NDSU. NDSU has not been 100% focused on their game with SDSU. That could be a difference-maker. How much of a difference? We'll find out tonight. If anyone can take advantage of this, it's SDSU.

ChiRedbirdfan

Reggie Redbird said:
SDSU has been 100% focused on their game with NDSU. NDSU has not been 100% focused on their game with SDSU. That could be a difference-maker. How much of a difference? We'll find out tonight. If anyone can take advantage of this, it's SDSU.
Not an NDSU hater but it would be nice to see someone else win.

Top Bottom