MVC Heat Chart - 11/27

Retire 12

Since rankings are all the rage these days, I'm going to hopefully do this weekly (most likely on Mondays), if there's interest.
This looks at realtimerpi, kenpom, and sagarin's rankings for everyone and averages those. Once the new one gets vetted out and looks better, I'll most likely include that one as well.

heatchart1127.jpg

Adunk33

Staff member
Thanks for doing this. I didn't realize our RPI was this high. However, it makes sense. Muller has been trying to build a top RPI since he has gotten here. As soon as he does it, they change the metric they will look at.

RedbirdBall

Just looking at realtimerpi, it looks like they counted the Georgia game as a win. Switch that to a loss and I’m sure we fall quite a bit.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_298_Men.html

ricohill

Looks like Warren Nolan has us at 134

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2019/rpi-live

Retire 12

Yep, you're 100% correct. I'll use warren's from now on. Just an old bookmark I had.

Retire 12

I edited and input the correct one, my apologies the old site had bad info.

Baltimore Bird

The chart shows the MVC is not very good. Bradley has the signature win over Penn State on a neutral court and another over SMU, but lost to U of Chicago in their only true road game.

Tpguy

Retire 12, is there anyway you can move us up?

ChiRedbirdfan

Retire 12 said:
Since rankings are all the rage these days, I'm going to hopefully do this weekly (most likely on Mondays), if there's interest.
This looks at realtimerpi, kenpom, and sagarin's rankings for everyone and averages those. Once the new one gets vetted out and looks better, I'll most likely include that one as well.

heatchart1127.jpg

What are the cutoffs for the various colors? Is it based upon MVc being a high mid major and adjust accordingly ?

Retire 12

ChiRedbirdfan said:
Retire 12 said:

heatchart1127.jpg

What are the cutoffs for the various colors? Is it based upon MVc being a high mid major and adjust accordingly ?

It's based off excel's conditional formatting quick links. I didn't set any values, so it adjusts based on the data.
I think the next one I'll do will be blue/red with red being "good" since it's a heat chart after all. I just threw this one together.

Baltimore Bird

Bradley's win over Penn State is now worth more as PSU beat #14 VA Tech yesterday.

Our win over Boise is worth less and they lost to The Drake.

Top Bottom