MVC Game 6

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
We will be 1/3 point after this game. Separation starting to happen. If not listed, games on ESPN3

Illinois State 70
Southern IL 74

Evansville 65
Drake 81

Bradley 65
Loyola 81

Valparaiso 76
Northern Iowa 81

Indiana State 73
Missouri State 76

Standings after 5 games:
Code:
<i>
</i>TEAM		CONF	OVERALL
Drake		4-1	10-8
Loyola-Chicago	3-2	13-4
Missouri State	3-2	13-5
Bradley		3-2	13-5
Illinois State	3-2	9-8
Indiana State	3-2	8-9
Evansville	2-3	12-6
Valparaiso	2-3	11-7
Southern IL 	2-3	10-8
Northern Iowa	0-5	8-9

dpdoughbird06

cpacmel said:
isuquinndog said:
Separation starting to happen.

It is?

Only separation I see is UNI from all the rest of the conference.

ESPN2's once-marquee matchup has turned into a dog. But then this could be the game where UNI turns it around.

Adunk33

Staff member
dpdoughbird06 said:
cpacmel said:
isuquinndog said:
Separation starting to happen.

It is?

ESPN2's once-marquee matchup has turned into a dog. But then this could be the game where UNI turns it around.

I said it in another thread, but we are going to see UNI after they get hot in about 2 weeks in Cedar Falls. Bad news for us.
As far as separation....
1 team is 4-1
5 teams are 3-2
3 teams are 2-3
1 team is 0-5

Lets have every team finish 9-9 and see what they do about these tiebreakers! Non con SOS would likely put the Birds at 1 or 2.

Redbirdfan21

isuquinndog said:
Added the standings, sorry I forgot.

Quinn I really enjoy this update you do, and at the risk of sounding ungrateful, I have a request. Could you add the gametimes to the date? Just saves me a trip to my score app. Again- not a complaint, just a request. And not on this post- just future ones. Thanks!

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Redbirdfan21 said:
isuquinndog said:
Added the standings, sorry I forgot.

Quinn I really enjoy this update you do, and at the risk of sounding ungrateful, I have a request. Could you add the gametimes to the date? Just saves me a trip to my score app. Again- not a complaint, just a request. And not on this post- just future ones. Thanks!
Sure thing. Good idea.

Manchester Matt

Adunk33 said:
dpdoughbird06 said:
cpacmel said:
It is?

I said it in another thread, but we are going to see UNI after they get hot in about 2 weeks in Cedar Falls. Bad news for us.
As far as separation....
1 team is 4-1
5 teams are 3-2
3 teams are 2-3
1 team is 0-5

Lets have every team finish 9-9 and see what they do about these tiebreakers! Non con SOS would likely put the Birds at 1 or 2.

Last year when UNI turned it around to get to .500, we ended the regular season by destroying them on their home floor and then they got beat in the quarters.

I’m not buying this UNI is going to turn it around narrative.

chuckie1980

I like these posts, too. The main reason I am liking quick access here is because Leerfield goredbirds.com BUY ME BUY ME website....if I see a pic I start wondering what's the title...then page up/down/up/down...to retrieve info. I have also discovered too many errors for a website that should be INFORMATIONAL...without finding the wrong link to the LIVESTATS for a game .... or checking a score on a women's basketball game and after reading the stats, scores AND THEN GOING ELSEWHERE for the correct score.

AND...mvc-sports.com only updates timely information if someone is in the office.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
I agree on Learfield's handling of the website. I'm not a fan of it and I hate how it yells at me about AdBlocking software every time.

For some reason, Learfield makes me feel dirty.

Adunk33

Staff member
Santa Cason said:
Adunk33 said:
dpdoughbird06 said:

As far as separation....
1 team is 4-1
5 teams are 3-2
3 teams are 2-3
1 team is 0-5

Last year when UNI turned it around to get to .500, we ended the regular season by destroying them on their home floor and then they got beat in the quarters.

I remember the last time I (kind of) counted UNI out. Sunday March 8, 2015. Birds were up 14 at the half. Lost by 9. That was the last time I thought about counting them out.

Morans14

Adunk33 said:
Santa Cason said:
Adunk33 said:
As far as separation....
1 team is 4-1
5 teams are 3-2
3 teams are 2-3
1 team is 0-5

I remember the last time I (kind of) counted UNI out. Sunday March 8, 2015. Birds were up 14 at the half. Lost by 9. That was the last time I thought about counting them out.
thanks for that reminder. [emoji49]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdswin

Just watched the end of Ole Miss beating Florida - both teams that have been beat by Valley teams.

Refs did everything to give Florida a chance - with 1:44 to go - referee called a charging foul on Florida - Florida coach called a TO and asked for a review - the refs came and reversed the charging fouls call to a blocking foul and two free throws - on replay the Ole Miss player was outside of the arc, but was on his toes and not flat footed - basis used for the reversal.

Redbirdfan21

Birdswin said:
Just watched the end of Ole Miss beating Florida - both teams that have been beat by Valley teams.

Refs did everything to give Florida a chance - with 1:44 to go - referee called a charging foul on Florida - Florida coach called a TO and asked for a review - the refs came and reversed the charging fouls call to a blocking foul and two free throws - on replay the Ole Miss player was outside of the arc, but was on his toes and not flat footed - basis used for the reversal.

Is that really a reviewable play????

Redbird Alum 2004

Really wish Loyola would draw better. Lots of Bradley red there. Ramblers have a good team just doesn't seem like a lot of interest in it.

Redbird Alum 2004

Watching some of these games really makes me realize how weak we are at guard. Evans really needs to play off the ball since he is our best shooter. Clarence has got to start improving so he is ready for the second half of conference play