UNI (1-1) 69 @ Illinois St (1-1) 70 - 7 pm, NBC Sports Chicago
Loyola (2-0) 48 @ Evansville (1-1) 67 - 7 pm, CBS Sports Network

Standings after 2 games

Attachments

• standings010719.jpg
    standings010719.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,960

DannyCooksey

Bradley is 0-3 and the leaders at Disneyland are still blaming Glasser and Cross for everything. I cannot believe how they can seriously blame the current state of their program on things that happened close to 10 years and 2 administrations and coaches ago.

Weirdest fan base I've ever seen but they provide endless great comedy. They are living proof that truth is stranger than fiction.

PurpleRedbird

How about my Aces!!!!! Teams who think they will just walk into the Ford Center for an easy win are kidding themselves. Tough shooting background, attendance way up, and a crowd base itching to have something to cheer about. If Coach Walter hangs around things are certainly looking up in Evansville.

And I just have to say this is year 1 of the rebuild. Bradley is in year 4 and still cant get out of their own way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PurpleRedbird

Oh and I loved how Boya, the greatest freshman center in the history of college basketball, flexes after making a jump hook when his team is down 13. Feel bad for the kid since I do think he is going to be good. Listening to the BU zoo though you would think he is already Shaq.

Birdman85

PurpleRedbird said:
How about my Aces!!!!! Teams who think they will just walk into the Ford Center for an easy win are kidding themselves. Tough shooting background, attendance way up, and a crowd base itching to have something to cheer about. If Coach Walter hangs around things are certainly looking up in Evansville.

And I just have to say this is year 1 of the rebuild. Bradley is in year 4 and still cant get out of their own way.

I think Walter will have the Aces rolling in a couple years. He will recruit well. On a side note I loved his sideline demeanor during the ISU game. He seemed to really know how to work the officials without screaming and hollering.

PurpleRedbird

Birdman85 said:
PurpleRedbird said:

I think Walter will have the Aces rolling in a couple years. He will recruit well. On a side note I loved his sideline demeanor during the ISU game. He seemed to really know how to work the officials without screaming and hollering.
He has picked up a lot of the characteristics of his mentor Brad Stevens. I think having the staff he does also helps.

Adunk33

Staff member
PurpleRedbird said:
Birdman85 said:
PurpleRedbird said:

He has picked up a lot of the characteristics of his mentor Brad Stevens. I think having the staff he does also helps.

I was talking to a buddy during the ISU-UE game on Saturday and told him that I don't expect Walter to be with UE very long. He's been there about half a season and already has the program going in a better direction than Marty Simmons. Simmons seemed to get a good player and ride them the whole way (Colt Ryan, DJ Balentine, Ryan Taylor, Dru Smith) where Walter, in his first year, seems to want to distribute the wealth. I like what he's done and would be surprised if he would be there in three years, regardless of the amount of success. Kind of like the Niko Effect at Drake last year.

DannyCooksey

Of all the movement in the Valley since I've been a fan i was never more excited than when Evansville joined. I've always respected their program and their history. I would love to see them be an elite team in this league.

I think they are the sleeping giant in the Valley and I always have.

PurpleRedbird

Adunk33 said:
PurpleRedbird said:
Birdman85 said:

I was talking to a buddy during the ISU-UE game on Saturday and told him that I don't expect Walter to be with UE very long. He's been there about half a season and already has the program going in a better direction than Marty Simmons. Simmons seemed to get a good player and ride them the whole way (Colt Ryan, DJ Balentine, Ryan Taylor, Dru Smith) where Walter, in his first year, seems to want to distribute the wealth. I like what he's done and would be surprised if he would be there in three years, regardless of the amount of success. Kind of like the Niko Effect at Drake last year.
I agree he won't be there forever, but being an Evansville native I do think he will be there longer than he would otherwise.

PurpleRedbird

DannyCooksey said:
Of all the movement in the Valley since I've been a fan i was never more excited than when Evansville joined. I've always respected their program and their history. I would love to see them be an elite team in this league.

I think they are the sleeping giant in the Valley and I always have.
Already close to leading the league in attendance in year one, although that's not too high a bar. He certainly has the city energized. When I go back I see more Aces stuff out since the Crews glory days of the late 80s early 90s.