MVC Game 11

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
We march on. Down the backstretch they come. All games on ESPN3, MVC TV should include NBC Sports Chicago and Fox Sports Midwest.

Illinois State 76
Missouri State 60

Southern Illinois 78
Drake 67

Indiana State 63
Valparaiso 69

Loyola 67
Bradley 69

Northern Iowa 49
Evansville 57

And the standings after 10 games:
Code:
<i>
</i>TEAM		CONF	OVERALL
Loyola-Chicago	8-2	18-4
Bradley		6-4	16-7
Southern IL	6-4	14-9
Drake		6-4	12-11
Missouri State	5-5	15-8
Illinois State	5-5	11-11
Indiana State	5-5	10-12
Evansville	4-6	14-9
Northern Iowa	3-7	11-11
Valparaiso	2-8	11-12

Adunk33

Staff member
This has been a fun year to track the MVC standings.
Need Bradley to lose to LUC
We need to win (all of them, really.)
I'd like Valpo to win (Valpo hasn't lost at home to INST since the late 1970's)
SIU and Drake are a push. We have a home game left against both of them. One goes to 7-4, one goes to 6-5.
We have homes games left against UNI and UE too, so....go UE I guess? Separation from the bottom is key, but if UNI were to win, they would both have 7 losses, and be one step closer to Thursday. so, nevermind. Go UNI.

ricohill

Adunk33 said:
SIU and Drake are a push. We have a home game left against both of them. One goes to 7-4, one goes to 6-5.
We have homes games left against UNI and UE too, so....go UE I guess? Separation from the bottom is key, but if UNI were to win, they would both have 7 losses, and be one step closer to Thursday. so, nevermind. Go UNI.

Agree with all of this. I was looking at the Drake vs. SIU game and trying to decide if Drake has reached a point where teams have figured them out? Also, how long can SIU keep winning with 7 players? I guess I want the team more likely to collapse down the stretch to lose.

chuckie1980

Thankful for one thing....at least thru game#11...LUC will not be 3 games out in front.

Hoping for another....REDBIRD VICTORY.

ISU FAN 1

Adunk33 said:
If we are going to win out, I prefer Loyola to lose to Bradley. 13-5 could easily be a share of the MVC lead.

Adunk33

Staff member
ISU FAN 1 said:
Adunk33 said:
If we are going to win out, I prefer Loyola to lose to Bradley. 13-5 could easily be a share of the MVC lead.

I'm not sure we win out, obviously. But if we can hold serve at home, steal one at the ice rink and Valpo, then I think we are looking good for a 2-3 seed. 11-7 would be swell and put us on the positive side of the MVC Jumble.

ricohill

I think 9 wins puts you in pretty good shape to stay out of Thursday. 10 wins is a lock.

You want to keep winning to build momentum and confidence going into St. Louis. I think it’s going to be hard to catch Loyola because I don’t see them losing a lot of games. However, if we are a 2-6 seed we’ve got a good chance at the tournament. Just gotta stay out of Thursday.

Adunk33

Staff member
I'd be (almost) willing to bet a 9 win team plays Thursday night in STL.

cpacmel

Be curious to know people's rooting interest in tonight's Loyola (8-2) at Bradley (6-4) game.

A Bradley Loss and they are with us in a tie for 3rd with Drake, and maybe Indy State, who plays at Valpo tonight. Plus there is The Whole dislike for our rival.

A Loyola Loss and we are 2 games out of first place with a game still left at the Ramblers.

ricohill

I say let Loyola win the league and we move up to the 2 seed because of it. Maybe Loyola falls apart, but I don't see it happening.

I'm with Warrior down with the Bobcats or whatever mascot they are for the next couple years.

DannyCooksey

cpacmel said:
Be curious to know people's rooting interest in tonight's Loyola (8-2) at Bradley (6-4) game.

A Bradley Loss and they are with us in a tie for 3rd with Drake, and maybe Indy State, who plays at Valpo tonight. Plus there is The Whole dislike for our rival.

A Loyola Loss and we are 2 games out of first place with a game still left at the Ramblers.

I think a Bradley loss helps us more. Plus, personally I enjoy any Bradley loss. I don't know if Porter has ever won at the ice skating rink. It would be nice to see a BU home loss before we go there for their Super Bowl.

Harry Manback

cpacmel said:

I generally root for home teams to win in Valley games, because road wins are what win the conference. Loyola still has to go to Indy St., Evansville, and SIU. They could certainly drop 2 of those.

We finish our season at Gentile, I’d much rather it be a battle for the championship than just trying to rain on Porter’s parade. A Rambler loss to the Gargoyles may be a necessary evil for that to happen. Just plug your nose and swallow it like cough syrup.

Obviously we still have to hold up our end of the bargain.

1 month from tomorrow Arch Madness starts in St. Louis....

ricohill

Halftime Scores:

UNI vs. Evansville tied at 21...not a typo.

Bradley up 37-29 on Loyola

Valpo up 34-30 on Indy State

Hamdonger

bb fan said:
BU wins by two.

2 things.

*BU certainly IS better than what we're saying here...which in the long run is only good for us&The Valley.

*BU beating Loyola shows that this race is WIDE open. (just one of quite a few examples, like IndySt kicking us in the nuts yet Valpo takes 'em down.)

13 wins takes The Valley.

Top Bottom