MVC 2023-24 Thoughts? An early pick

topiarydan

So this site has Drake as a 12 seed (doesn't say much about the MVC)
and Lunardi has Drake same
This guy has us in early 200s behind UIC

What do we think on where ISU can fall into the mix?

Personally I think with the Seniors and transfers in that we have the talent to go as high as 3rd and a minimum of a 6th
Thoughts?

redbirds2000

So this site has Drake as a 12 seed (doesn't say much about the MVC)
and Lunardi has Drake same
This guy has us in early 200s behind UIC

What do we think on where ISU can fall into the mix?

Personally I think with the Seniors and transfers in that we have the talent to go as high as 3rd and a minimum of a 6th
Thoughts?
I expect them to be playing Saturday in St. Louis with a chance to upset Drake or UNI in the Semis. 4th or 5th.

TBS_20

I don't have much hope for ne t season but I expect 4-5 more than last season. That would be about .500. 15-16/16-15.

Sanantoniobird

Anything beyond .500 would be a pleasant surprise. Ever since the firing of DM, or maybe the transfer of 'Tone, or even the loss of Yaklich, I've really kept my expectations low. We are less likely the team that could WIN any given night, and have evolved to the team that could LOSE any given night. Some of y'all know what I mean. Losing to UIC or a Valpraiso caliber team used to be unfathomable, and playing a #21 Wichita or Ole Miss we had faith we would win. We are closing in on 30 years from an NCAA berth. It's a mess to say the least.

ISU86

Four months away from the start of games, my want is to see sustainable progress as a program.
Minimally/realistically, it would be avoiding a bottom four finish in conference play (placing five thru eight) and a Friday appearance at Arch Madness. Hoping for more.

P

Popsto4

Anything beyond .500 would be a pleasant surprise. Ever since the firing of DM, or maybe the transfer of 'Tone, or even the loss of Yaklich, I've really kept my expectations low. We are less likely the team that could WIN any given night, and have evolved to the team that could LOSE any given night. Some of y'all know what I mean. Losing to UIC or a Valpraiso caliber team used to be unfathomable, and playing a #21 Wichita or Ole Miss we had faith we would win. We are closing in on 30 years from an NCAA berth. It's a mess to say the least.
Yes it’s been a mess for a while but, like the messes they are soon to be cleaned up I believe. Gotta start somewhere. From top to bottom I think this team is better. Even though its real early progress had to be made through recruiting first and it was. I think this is more of a real Pedon team now.

redbirdron1

Yes it’s been a mess for a while but, like the messes they are soon to be cleaned up I believe. Gotta start somewhere. From top to bottom I think this team is better. Even though its real early progress had to be made through recruiting first and it was. I think this is more of a real Pedon team now.

redbirdron1

On paper we have depth at every position and there should b nice competition for playing time.
I’d guess we’ll b pleasantly surprised with results if Pence and JK emerge as effective contributors by mid season.

Top Bottom