Muller credited with new inbound play

birdlife

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/25886225/most-dangerous-top-5-asked-coaches

*for those of you with ESPN+*

Redbird60451

I remember watching that play. I thought at least it was different. Now we are going to see it all the time. Wonder if people will be allowed to bump within the first 5 yards of the out of bounds line.

SgtHulka

After the game he mentioned he asked the ref consortium a couple of weeks prior if it would be a legal play.

birdlife

here's a link to NKU's version. couldnt find any video of the ours against UNI.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/northern-kentucky-ran-a-football-play-on-a-basketball-court-and-heres-how-it-worked/

chuckie1980

With the way officiating is allowing "tackles", more or less, we all should have seen this coming.

ISU FAN 1

I hear Bradley has been recruiting cornerbacks to implement a nickel package to combat this.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Was that the UNI home game we broke it out? If so and you have ESPN+ you should be able to find the reply. It was in the last 2 mins I think.

birdlife

and of course they hit Hein on the hitch. MY = bad rout runner.

Adunk33

Staff member
I think think they cal legally pass to someone that is on the baseline and never goes in bounds. So in this video, Chastain could have passed to Hein (had Hein not gone in bounds) and the other three could run their routes while Hein inbounds the ball to whoever. That would create mass confusion if legal and should be considered for future inbound plays.

SgtHulka

Adunk33 said:
I think think they cal legally pass to someone that is on the baseline and never goes in bounds. So in this video, Chastain could have passed to Hein (had Hein not gone in bounds) and the other three could run their routes while Hein inbounds the ball to whoever. That would create mass confusion if legal and should be considered for future inbound plays.

Exactly. As long as the previous play resulted in a score this is legal.

SgtHulka

birdlife said:

Milik was supposed to be the guy to get open but didn't get around his man

birdlife

SgtHulka said:
birdlife said:

Milik was supposed to be the guy to get open but didn't get around his man

gotta either sell the vertical, or fake the out. next time maybe run a smash route.

ISU FAN 1

Hein should have started a series of laterals, that culminated with our band on the court.

I’m surprised this was duplicated elsewhere. I gotta say, NKUs execution looked a little better and not as close to a 5 second call.

CB2K

Actually the play worked fine to get the ball in play. Three Redbirds ran their football routes down court; Malik passes it to Key as both were still out of bounds; Malik runs in bounds and Key passes it to him. The play worked to successfully get the ball in bounds. The problem was that Malik started heading up court and ran into a trap and dribbled the ball of his foot where it rolled out of bounds.

bb fan

Gonna say wat CB2K said. The play worked well. It was after the ball was inbounds did things go askew. Our coach comes up with something that new and gets national attention.

Top Bottom