Muller bobble head wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbirdfan21

Any students or anyone wanted to unload the bobble head for some cash, let me know. Shoot me a PM or email at ryanjohnston1 [at] gmail.com with your asking price. Finally getting my basement mancave going and need to start my collection!

CaliRdBrd

You should start with a St Pauli girl poster. Great addition to any man cave.

gobirds72

Redbirdfan21 said:
Any students or anyone wanted to unload the bobble head for some cash, let me know. Shoot me a PM or email at ryanjohnston1 [at] gmail.com with your asking price. Finally getting my basement mancave going and need to start my collection!

How much will that little booger be worth if he is fired in the next couple years?

CB2K

I was at the game last night and saw people buying them anywhere from $30 to $50. One guy stationed himself right by the location where the tickets were redeemed and buying any takers for $30. I am not sure why he was buying a boat load of them -- maybe gifts? The bobblehead was well done -- I liked the addition of the Redbird statue since it is such an iconic symbol.

Jsnhbe1Birds

CB2K said:
I was at the game last night and saw people buying them anywhere from $30 to $50. One guy stationed himself right by the location where the tickets were redeemed and buying any takers for $30. I am not sure why he was buying a boat load of them -- maybe gifts? The bobblehead was well done -- I liked the addition of the Redbird statue since it is such an iconic symbol.

Was a good looking bobblehead

Redbirdfan21

gobirds72 said:
Redbirdfan21 said:

How much will that little booger be worth if he is fired in the next couple years?

Don’t really care. He’ll be a Redbird legend regardless of what happens with his coaching career. Any time I can add to my RB memorabilia I will. I had a wedding last night so I could go to the game and try to get one myself.

bb fan

Yep. Every single discussion just has to include some snarky, mean spirited slam about the team, coach, a player, whatever. smh :(

SgtHulka

I sold mine for $1000 to some rube named Gary Couscous

CB2K

Another thought on bobblehead night -- I did not care for the scratch-off tickets. The reason is that the people that would really want one would pay the price to come early and get in line in the frigid cold. Many folks just don't really care as much as the ones that truly want one. Why reserve the promotion for those that don't care which ultimately lowers the odds for the ones that do?

There was an older group of folks sitting behind me that were saying they forgot to check the scratch-off tickets that were handed to them. They didn't really care or seem to interested if they won or not. One couple said they were trying to get rid of a bobblehead that has been in their home that collects dust and was going to give it away as a white elephant present. They finally got around to finding and scratching off their tickets and two within their group won. They didn't even care one way or the other.

I understand the thought process of the trying to make it fair and give everyone a chance thereby reducing the panic of waiting in line but it seems like so may people were selling them and not caring about the promotion anyway. Why not just give them away to the first 1,000 that would pay the price and get in line?

A better approach may be to have some for sale which would ensure that anyone who really wanted one would have the opportunity to get one free via ticket or pay for it afterwards. The proceeds could go to the athletic department.

redbirds2000

CB2K said:
Another thought on bobblehead night -- I did not care for the scratch-off tickets. The reason is that the people that would really want one would pay the price to come early and get in line in the frigid cold. Many folks just don't really care as much as the ones that truly want one. Why reserve the promotion for those that don't care which ultimately lowers the odds for the ones that do?

There was an older group of folks sitting behind me that were saying they forgot to check the scratch-off tickets that were handed to them. They didn't really care or seem to interested if they won or not. One couple said they were trying to get rid of a bobblehead that has been in their home that collects dust and was going to give it away as a white elephant present. They finally got around to finding and scratching off their tickets and two within their group won. They didn't even care one way or the other.

I understand the thought process of the trying to make it fair and give everyone a chance thereby reducing the panic of waiting in line but it seems like so may people were selling them and not caring about the promotion anyway. Why not just give them away to the first 1,000 that would pay the price and get in line?

A better approach may be to have some for sale which would ensure that anyone who really wanted one would have the opportunity to get one free via ticket or pay for it afterwards. The proceeds could go to the athletic department.

You stop it with your smart business and promotion ideas! There is zero tolerance for that at Illinois State!

Redbirdfan21

The idea of the scratch off tickets is so people don’t HAVE to wait in line in the cold to get them. They have 4 entrances, plus the Redbird Room entrance. So that’s 200 at each door. You could be 201 in line at one door but another has 50 left and you are screwed. I think they should make you show a ticket stub at a table on the concourse to get a scratch off. Then those that don’t want the bobble head don’t waste a scratch off for those that do want it.

bb fan

I don't think they were making folks take the scratch off. That person was after you got your ticket scanned.

SgtHulka

I'm just glad my free popcorn coupon had 24 hours before it expires

birdballfan

SgtHulka said:

And the free popcorn came in a special xtra small container which is not normally sold there!!! But it was free and I did take advantage of it! :D

SgtHulka

Sladerunningbear said:
I came back today to get my small popcorn but the doors were locked.
I know a good lawyer. I think you have a case

Reggie Redbird

birdballfan said:
SgtHulka said:

And the free popcorn came in a special xtra small container which is not normally sold there!!! But it was free and I did take advantage of it! :D

They should just advertise the mini version as the Redbird value size. Sodexho could get hit with false advertising as they also advertised a $1 small popcorn. One stand was giving away the actual small for $1 and the other the mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom