Mr. BUFFALOMEAT

Hamdonger

Just curious. Any word on his development? He's still listed on the roster.

Just once this year...just once...I gotta hear his name over the P.A. If he's half a player, he'll be the most popular football player we've ever had.

If i were that kid i would grab trademark rights on anything closely resembling Buffalomeat. Just the name on the jersey makes me laugh.

It'd be fun to see him on the basketball court, too.

Adunk33

Staff member
Humdinger said:
Just the name on the jersey makes me laugh.

I wish we put names on the back of our players jerseys. It makes sense why they dont, but that would be a fun jersey to own!

Hamdonger

Adunk33 said:
Humdinger said:
Just the name on the jersey makes me laugh.

I wish we put names on the back of our players jerseys. It makes sense why they dont, but that would be a fun jersey to own!

Yes sir it would. :dance:

With the right marketing, it would be a national jersey.

ISUBU

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Mr. Buffalomeat enrolled in the Spring and attended spring practice. He is expected to be a redshirt this fall. That means he'll be in uniform for home games, but he won't be part of the travel squad. In past years he would not play all season. But the NCAA has tweaked the meaning of a redshirt year, so it is possible that he could appear in a game or two and not lose a season of eligibility. In general. be surprised if you notice him this year.

His time is still in the future.

fourthandshort

you may recall his spot on Jimmy Kimmel went a little viral. At the end Kimmel asked for an ISUr jersey with his name on it.

AD LYONS ... WE ABSOLUTELY SHOULD MAKE A ONE-TIME EXCEPTION AND MAKE THAT HAPPEN ONCE HE OFFICIALLY MAKES TEAM THIS FALL .. find out Kimmel's size, put Buffalomeats name on a red ISU jersey, and just send it to Kimmel.

Let's have a little more fun with this ... then let it go and do no more than that. The short-term publicity for ISU would be all good ., .ESPECIALLY this fall, since he won't be playing, which might otherwise possibly distract him and annoy Spack.

This is a marketing lay up .. take advantage once .. then drop it.

JHBird

They should sell Buffalomeat jersey's on the concourse this year. I bet it would be out best seller, even over our star players...not saying that's fair, but I think it would sell big.

Adunk33

Staff member
JHBird said:
They should sell Buffalomeat jersey's on the concourse this year. I bet it would be out best seller, even over our star players...not saying that's fair, but I think it would sell big.

They can't "make money off of a player's likeness."

Birdswin

I do not think ISU can sell a player's jersey - it has to be generic - at least that is my understanding of NCAA rules. I agree - I think it would be a HUGE seller. What if another party, other ISU sells the jersey, as long as they pay the licensing fee??

Kimmel would have to pay BIG money, before I would send him anything.

JHBird

DannyCooksey said:
start selling Bison Burgers at Hancock?

especially when we host NDST.

You got me on that one! "Get our new Bison Burgers...made from 60 percent lean Buffalomeat!"

Top Bottom