Mount Carmel vs East St. Louis - 8/26/23- Season Kickoff @ Hancock

fourthandshort

I 1000% love this idea for hosting great HS games like this. And just like the arguments for hosting IHSA playoffs, we are near perfectly located to do more of these .... soooo ?? I realize the logistics can be difficult, but let's try to do more of these !!

fourthandshort

Need to somehow use this as a recruiting tool.
I don't imagine we can do anything directly on this front.

But like the IHSA playoffs deal, we just need to make a strong impression our campus town, and football program/facilities in the eyes of players, coaches, parents, & fans.

Dmills

Game is this 7:00 this Friday at Hancock Stadium. Haven't found much online advertising/previewing the game.

fourthandshort

East St. Louis will play Loyola Academy at Hancock on August 31st.
Thanks for posting !

Just re-iterating what many of us said ... hosting games like this are a great idea. In this case, more visibility from St Louis area and Catholic league. As long as both teams give us some "draw" like this game, we should continue. Assuming the economics at least get us to breakeven or small loss.

100x times more for hosting IHSA playoffs. And I assume that now those teams will be able to warm up in our IPF while waiting for their turn to take the field. Way better than Horton.

kudos to Athletic Dept

Top Bottom