Money Madness: AP analysis shows growing gap in NCAA payouts

ricohill

Interesting article on NCAA Tournament payouts and how it impacts the MVC.

https://apnews.com/d9c991f546bd4621a65a80832c97a14a

https://apnews.com/14d4e8da502845fda9dea1952c799bdb

"The Missouri Valley Conference will collect $1.4 million in April and at least $8.45 million total from what Loyola University Chicago earned during its stunning run with Sister Jean to the 2018 Final Four. The conference is still cashing in from Wichita State’s Final Four in 2013 as well as Creighton’s recent NCAA appearances. Wichita State (American Athletic Conference) and Creighton (Big East) have both left the Missouri Valley, ripple effects from Power Five expansion. Elgin provided AP with MVC financial projections that show annual unit revenue falling from nearly $7.2 million in 2019 to $2.6 million in 2025."

ricohill

https://twitter.com/akajeffbidwell/status/1111746037969047552?s=21

Huge pay day in publicity and marketing for Murray State.

gobirds72

I just showed this to someone. This is a better reason to make it...

The Bradley men’s basketball team received a verbal commitment Friday from LSU transfer guard Danya Kingsby, who is visiting the Hilltop this weekend.

The 6-foot-1 Milwaukee native, a junior college transfer to LSU from the College of Southern Idaho, did not play at LSU this season because of a medical condition.

SgtHulka

gobirds72 said:

The Bradley men’s basketball team received a verbal commitment Friday from LSU transfer guard Danya Kingsby, who is visiting the Hilltop this weekend.

The 6-foot-1 Milwaukee native, a junior college transfer to LSU from the College of Southern Idaho, did not play at LSU this season because of a medical condition.

Crown their arse already

ricohill

Please keep it on topic everyone....the thread police are probably watching.

jamminjamarsmiley

Guys - We have Karl Malone... I mean Keith Fisher... Rumor is Dan already submitted his 1st place MVC vote, and ISU expects NCAA revenue upwards of 300 Million, thus Lyons can finally build his Indoor Practice facility he has promised.

ricohill

jamminjamarsmiley said:
Guys - We have Karl Malone... I mean Keith Fisher... Rumor is Dan already submitted his 1st place MVC vote, and ISU expects NCAA revenue upwards of 300 Million, thus Lyons can finally build his Indoor Practice facility he has promised.

LOL this will be deleted, but one of the best posts I’ve seen.

SgtHulka

jamminjamarsmiley said:

His hype will never keep up with the hype being poured on Mo States championship recruiting class that [mention]gobirds72[/mention] has already guaranteed a national championship.

DWRedbird

ricohill said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:

LOL this will be deleted, but one of the best posts I’ve seen.

Seriously that is one of the best posts you've seen? Now who's settling for mediocrity....

ISU FAN 1

gobirds72 said:

Going to BU. Medical condition = Brain dead

gobirds72

ISU FAN 1 said:
gobirds72 said:

Going to BU. Medical condition = Brain dead

You are right! But, Wardle or whatever his name is...isn’t in Florida digging in the 1 Star shopping cart!

Redbird Alum 2004

jamminjamarsmiley said:

You keep saying someone said he was Karl Malone. Please show me said post because I can't find it. I find ones where people are excited about him. I guess that is out of line for you though if we are excited about an incoming player.

jamminjamarsmiley

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:

You keep saying someone said he was Karl Malone. Please show me said post because I can't find it. I find ones where people are excited about him. I guess that is out of line for you though if we are excited about an incoming player.

It's in the Hein Copeland out 2019 thread. I have no clue who said it. Go find it for yourself. I haven't seen any reason to be excited for an incoming player in a long time. Maybe McIntosh was one due to the rumors Kentucky and Miami wanted him. It would be nice for Dan to land a highly coveted HS player from Chicago sometime. Paris Lee turned into a great player, but he wasn't that highly recruited. If I was a Missouri State fan, then I would be excited about the incoming players.

Hard to get fired up about guys who transferred from programs who finished in 300's in the RPI. It sometimes get's comical to me when posters out here tend to make these guys out to be studs because they stand up and cheer and yell at their teammates from the bench, yet have NEVER seen them play a single minute of basketball.

See Copeland last year - I recall this board stating he was the missing piece to an NCAA run in 2019... :lol:

B

BirdGrad2011

Brandon Clarke transferred from a bad team and led Gonzaga, but by all means let’s write off a player that hasn’t played a game for us. Kick rocks, clown.

Back on topic. This shows how much a failure Elgin has been since Creighton left. EVERYONE wanted Belmont and Murray State. He gave us Valpo alone. He gave us Loyola (thanks for the final four) which nobody wanted. He is a failure.

jamminjamarsmiley

BirdGrad2011 said:
Brandon Clarke transferred from a bad team and led Gonzaga, but by all means let’s write off a player that hasn’t played a game for us. Kick rocks, clown.

Back on topic. This shows how much a failure Elgin has been since Creighton left. EVERYONE wanted Belmont and Murray State. He gave us Valpo alone. He gave us Loyola (thanks for the final four) which nobody wanted. He is a failure.

So are you saying Keith Fisher can be the same level of player as Brandon Clarke? Let's settle it right here. Tell me how good you think Fisher is going to be.... You called me a clown... I will save this thread and look back and see who's the clown.

I will tell you right now, I will be surprised if Fisher graduates from ISU.

gobirds72

SgtHulka said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:

His hype will never keep up with the hype being poured on Mo States championship recruiting class that @gobirds72 has already guaranteed a national championship.
[/[mention]gobirds72[/me[mention]gobirds72[/mention]

I bet you a cold drink Dana makes it to the Dance in the next 3 years. He will be gone from Mo State after that.

SgtHulka

gobirds72 said:
SgtHulka said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:

His hype will never keep up with the hype being poured on Mo States championship recruiting class that @gobirds72 has already guaranteed a national championship.
[/@gobirds72[/me[mention]gobirds72

I bet you a cold drink Dana makes it to the Dance in the next 3 years. He will be gone from Mo State after that.

Sure

I just find it funny when people here bitch about people hyping ISU players out of one side while hyping players for other teams out the other.

ricohill

To be fair Mo State is hyping up 3 star recruits and beat out power 5 schools. We are hyping guys that have offers from low major schools with huge question marks.

Redbird Alum 2004

jamminjamarsmiley said:
Redbird Alum 2004 said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:

It's in the Hein Copeland out 2019 thread. I have no clue who said it. Go find it for yourself. I haven't seen any reason to be excited for an incoming player in a long time. Maybe McIntosh was one due to the rumors Kentucky and Miami wanted him. It would be nice for Dan to land a highly coveted HS player from Chicago sometime. Paris Lee turned into a great player, but he wasn't that highly recruited. If I was a Missouri State fan, then I would be excited about the incoming players.

Hard to get fired up about guys who transferred from programs who finished in 300's in the RPI. It sometimes get's comical to me when posters out here tend to make these guys out to be studs because they stand up and cheer and yell at their teammates from the bench, yet have NEVER seen them play a single minute of basketball.

See Copeland last year - I recall this board stating he was the missing piece to an NCAA run in 2019... :lol:

If you are going to keep saying somebody said it then you find it. Otherwise stop saying it because nobody ever said it. Why are you a fan of the program if you don't look forward to seeing a player play? Why don't you go and be a UNC or Duke fan? And since Missouri State fans can be excited about their incoming players I am assuming by your rules they have all watched those incoming players in person?