Meet the Coach???

Birdswin

Received a post card yesterday from Redbird Athletics. At first I thought it was a reminder about the Taste this coming weekend. Upon further review, it was an advertisement/invitation to a reception to meet the new Baseball Coach Steve Holm. The reception will be at the Redbird Club Room in Hancock Stadium - all very nice. Then it says it is on a Wednesday at 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. What?? No, I reread it to make sure - Yep - at 11:30 on a Wednesday. Who can go to that?? People work.

Get this, I have heard from others, who live in the Chicago area - they are dumbfounded over this timing. This is a very good idea, but very poor planning.

Reggie Redbird

I can understand the timing with the event now, as baseball probably travels Wed afternoon/night and gets back sometime Sunday. That's likely each week for a while too. However, this is an event they could have held at many different points since he's been hired, especially on a Sat. to coincide with a basketball game.

Adunk33

Staff member
Reggie Redbird said:
I can understand the timing with the event now, as baseball probably travels Wed afternoon/night and gets back sometime Sunday. That's likely each week for a while too. However, this is an event they could have held at many different points since he's been hired, especially on a Sat. to coincide with a basketball game.

:text-+1:

Put him on the concourse during the next basketball game.

JHBird

Adunk33 said:
Reggie Redbird said:

Mic him up and put him out on the court during half time.

Adunk33

Staff member
JHBird said:
Adunk33 said:
Reggie Redbird said:

Mic him up and put him out on the court during half time.

They could have him do play by play for the local 5th grade basketball team that is playing!

Top Bottom