Committed Elsewhere Martice Mitchell, 6'10, Bloom Township

Adunk33

Staff member
Listed as a center for Bloom Township.
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/martice-mitchell

Currently holds offers from Detroit, UIC, UW-Mil, SLU, and the Birds.

Adunk33

Staff member
https://twitter.com/tice23_/status/1158415341237743616

Adunk33

Staff member
Transferring out of Minnesota. Still followed by Belcher. 6'10, 200 former 4* offered by the Birds back on 1/17/19.

Played in 7 games as a true freshman. Career-high 4 points in 2 minutes of action against Michigan. Interesting stat: against UMKC he played a season-high 6 minutes and collected 4 fouls.

MadBird

Yeah, I watched most Gopher games and he didn't see the floor much. 22 minutes in those 7 games, only 6 shots. Funny, for some of these guys you'd think waiting for the new coach to take over would be a better opportunity than moving on. I spose the new coach could have met with him already and said he didn't see him playing a role.

But he's sure not the coke machine lots of us would like to see.

TBS_20

Yeah, I watched most Gopher games and he didn't see the floor much. 22 minutes in those 7 games, only 6 shots. Funny, for some of these guys you'd think waiting for the new coach to take over would be a better opportunity than moving on. I spose the new coach could have met with him already and said he didn't see him playing a role.

But he's sure not the coke machine lots of us would like to see.
we need a 6'10 guy that is 250 and can jump. i dont even care if he can shoot outside of 5 feet. score 10 and get 12 rebounds and 2 blocks and 4 assists and were good.

TBS_20

one of dan's downfalls is he tries to get 4 stretch 4's instead of 3 stretch 4's and a true center.

Adunk33

Staff member
If you're looking for a post player, you might need to look elsewhere

Redbirdwarrior

Number one priority should be to go find an ogre and teach him to play basketball. If Drew Himmelman (6'10", 320lbs) decided he wanted to play basketball instead of football for the last four years, he would be at least second team all Valley every year.

Adunk33

Staff member
If you're looking for a post player, you might need to look elsewhere

He deleted the tweet but it said something to the effect of "For future record, I'm not a post player."

jbird

My guess is that guys who at 6'-9" or 6'-10" would have accepted their natural role as a center 30 years ago are now looking toward the "next level" and realize that they can't be seen as a "5" if they want to play in the NBA at that height; There haven't been starting NBA centers of that size since Willis Reed, Bill Russell and Bob Lanier. I've noticed that unless you have a Kofi Cockburn beast, many college starting line-ups don't mention a Center.

TBS_20

Number one priority should be to go find an ogre and teach him to play basketball. If Drew Himmelman (6'10", 320lbs) decided he wanted to play basketball instead of football for the last four years, he would be at least second team all Valley every year.
He needs to be 350 if he wants to make it in the NFL.

Top Bottom