Managers

Redbird222

Check out @ManagerGames_’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ManagerGames_/status/1095106613780848640?s=09

CaliRdBrd

Ok, I’ll ask what everybody is thinking...could they beat Dans team?

ChiRedbirdfan

Has anyone experienced anything with more irony than llinois State University having the best men’s managers basketball team? And to top it off it is in the year where the team to date has basically been playing awful relative to expectations. This gave me a good chuckle

I wonder if ISU will turn on the red lights at RBA? All laughs aside this is pretty cool. I hope they can finish out on top

Birdman85

These games are usually played when Dan is in the locker room. I will let everyone figure out the correlation between this and their success.

SgtHulka

isuquinndog said:
They are usually among the best managers basketball team in the country.

They could easily transfer their skills to the NASCAR circuit after their time here is done. Nobody is quicker at getting the huddle setup than them. They are always ready to sprint out onto the floor with chairs the second the whistle blows. They are impressive at the job they do in every way :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SgtHulka

ricohill said:
ISU FAN 1 said:
Wonder if Hein could make the manager’s team?

This should be deleted, it's not pro-ISU propaganda.

Disagree. It take a special talent to find some way to work a pissy attitude into literally everything you see. I say let it stand

ricohill

isuquinndog said:
ricohill said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

Nah, posting crappy hot takes or garbage posts isn't against the rules. If so, both of these would have been deleted.

Well played. I'll give you credit for the comeback.

Reggie Redbird

I would take the best non-scholarship manager and dress him. This person should know the plays and give us an extra body if we're up big, down big, or in foul trouble. We can't afford to go down to 7 players by someone getting hurt when they don't need to be on the court. That isn't likely to happen, but it's a possibility.

I know managers who are receiving scholarships can't play, but if any can be added, it's worth a shot. U of I did this one year with local b-ball product Ryan Schmidt. He got into 4 games with them, albeit brief time.

DoubleDeuce

ricohill said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

I would say 90% of the posts on this board are grandstanding against the coach/AD. I only opened this thread trying to find a single one that didn't get hijacked. Lately this board is like a crappy pop band...all the songs sound the same.