Malachi Poindexter

Redhawk

Welcome Malachi!

Pedon needs some transitional players to bridge the gap until he has a team full of "his guys."
Poindexter fits that role as he comes from a strong culture at Virginia and should have 3 years of eligibility left.

Nice start....now let's keep adding!

BTbird

When's the last time we had a player that could juggle? Lets Go!!

PERSONAL
• Malachi Orlando Poindexter
• Born in Charlottesville, Va.
• Son of Malcolm Poindexter
• Has four brothers, David Tyler, Micah’shae Poindexter, Jeremiah Nicholas and Latarrus Nicholas
• Has two sisters, Quashawa Poindexter and Haylee Poindexter
• Volunteered for the Our Brothers Keeper and local soup kitchen, and held several basketball camps and tournaments
• Cousin, Spencer Johnson, played collegiately at West Liberty University from 1981-84, and one year professionally in Austria
• Enjoys playing video games
• Knows how to juggle
• Chose Virginia because of the school, opportunity to join the program, atmosphere and warm welcome he received
• Also recruited by Manhattan, Maryland Eastern Shore, Howard, VMI and CNU
• Career objective is to become a physical therapist or physician assistant
• Kinesiology major

Adunk33

Staff member
I'm usually pretty savvy with this stuff but does anyone have a link to the tweet? The one listed on his VC page has been deleted.

DaveBird10

Tweet saying Malachi Poindexter verbally committed to ISU has since been deleted....

TIMMY

I hope it's true. He didn't play much but that's OK. He played for a great coach and practiced every day against some pretty good players. I would think he'll be fundamentally sound and will play hard defense. You can't put a price on that. If Pedon's going Pack Line along with pressure man on D, this kid should be a big help.

Adunk33

Staff member
Tweet saying Malachi Poindexter verbally committed to ISU has since been deleted....
I think it's possible it's true... I never saw the tweet before it was deleted but it's probably a bad look (though I'm sure it's been done), if you commit on-campus during the "dead period," when recruits aren't supposed to be on campus.

Redbird Alum 2004

I think it's possible it's true... I never saw the tweet before it was deleted but it's probably a bad look (though I'm sure it's been done), if you commit on-campus during the "dead period," when recruits aren't supposed to be on campus.
That's what I was thinking.

DaveBird10

I was thinking this when I got the tweet this morning, as it was sent at like 3am by a reporter. Thought to my head how do commit during the dead period before you even visit campus?

Bird Friend

Do the same rules apply to the transfer portal as for HS recruits?

Adunk33

Staff member
Do the same rules apply to the transfer portal as for HS recruits?
I'm not 100% sure I understand the question, but the dead period applies regardless if you are a HS kid or a D1 transfer. Just to provide a general statement on what the dead period means, its when it is not allowed to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off the campus or to conduct official or unofficial visits by prospective student athletes.

So, as I understand it. You can still hop on the phone or a zoom and talk with kids, but you cannot physically visit them or have them come to campus. Honestly, I could see this going away pretty soon. With technology now, you can pretty much do anything you can do if you're sitting in a room with a kid. One thing the dead period allows is that most staffs will use the time to go to the Final 4 and network, do trades and what not. I'm sure that's how Muller got the Boyd-Freeman handshake deal done. ;)

Top Bottom