Luedke Rewind

Redbird222

I hinted that we had some new things coming.

We just had out first Women's Basketball guest and we hope to have additional guests this summer.

Our next venture is "Luedke Rewind" .

BirdFans4Ever in partnership with Dick Luedke are proud to announce our inaugural Luedke Rewind. Luedke Rewind is a digitally remastered call of football and basketball games from 1988 - 1998. A different game will be posted every Thursday. Don't forget to subscribe to see when each Rewind is posted.

One thing to note: the games were recorded by Dick on a cassette that automatically flipped over and sometime started recording over part of the broadcast that initially was recorded. The result is sometimes we are missing the start of the game when the ending recorded over the start of the game.

Also, we are not editing out the commercials so you can hear Dick and his sidekick talking while the commercials were playing ... that can be entertaining at times.

As always - let us know your thoughts and we appreciate your support.

Out first game loaded is 1988 Men's Basketball vs Coppin St

Luedke rewind website is up

www.luedkerewind.com

Last edited:

Hamdonger

YESSSSSSSSS!!!! I can't wait!! I think I just had an orgasm. Not really sure though given my age.

Guys this is fantastico. What a resource!

SgtHulka

I assume he has a copy of "The 1984-85 ISU Redbirds Working Overtime" cassette WJBC sold? A highlight reel of calls from that season.with Dick and Tom Hodgson. If not, I do

Redbird222

All,

If you happen to listen to the first Luedke Rewind there is an interesting conversation that happens during the timeout that the listeners didn't hear live. Tom and Dick are going back and forth debating if there is a new rule or just a favorable call for ISU. Sometimes the timeouts are just getting stats but other times conversations like this happen.

Redbird222

I assume he has a copy of "The 1984-85 ISU Redbirds Working Overtime" cassette WJBC sold? A highlight reel of calls from that season.with Dick and Tom Hodgson. If not, I do
I don't think we have that

Redbird222

Here is another classic Redbird game. ISU takes on Michigan in the 1990 NCAA basketball game. Dick is much better than all of the CBS announcers as he actually can pronounce the players names properly!!

Redbird222

Here is another classic Redbird game. ISU takes on Michigan in the 1990 NCAA basketball game. Dick is much better than all of the CBS announcers as he actually can pronounce the players names properly!!

Listen to Luedke getting excited and the Long Beach crowd rallying behind the birds in the second half

Hamdonger

This was so much fun to listen and take it all in. JonnyP had his best game of the year against absolute studs!!

Redbird222

We just posted a can't miss Luedke Rewind. In this Episode Art Kimball recaps the 78-79 men's basketball season. Hear clips from games throughout the season including games against Larry Byrd/Indiana St., Bradley, Syracuse, Ole Miss and DePaul. Galvin, Mayes, Jones, Yarbrough, and Ferina under 1st year coach Bob Donewald taking on the greats. What a great piece of ISU history!!

Top Bottom