Lickliter

Manchester Matt

Sounds like Todd Lickliter is stepping down. Having a hard time finding his contract status, but pretty sure he has years left on his deal.

Interesting.

B

BirdGrad2011

Don’t believe that one tweet. While I think it’s true I don’t buy it happening before the end of the season.

MadBird

I have no clue about Lickliter, but the last two Wisconsin coaches "retired" half way thru the season in order to give favored assistants a shot at a half season of "interim head coach" so they had a better chance at being named HC. Worked for Bo Ryan (Greg Gard got the job permanently) but not for Dick Bennett (Brad Soderberg didn't get the job after making the dance with a 16-10 record, but losing in the first round to Georgia St.).

So Lickliter might do this so his trusted assistant gets a shot at HC?

B

BirdGrad2011

Yeah, I guess you could be right. Seemed odd to me as well, but he sure sounded done in his presser today. See what happens this week.
Something has been off since he spent a halftime talking to the university president rather than his team at their tournament in November.

Adunk33

Staff member
I think this season has really beat them down. The week they played at Redbird on the Weekly Teleconference something like, “why can you do to get Givance and (forgot the other player) going?” He sighed and basically said he didn’t know and was at a loss. Fast forward to the game at Redbird when I believe Givance picked up a T, he through his hands up, sat down on the bench and put his hands over his face. It didn’t appear it was in regards to the call, but the player. He also spent a lot of time talking to his assistants during time outs instead of the team. I believe there were a couple of times where he didn’t address the team at all. Lastly he spent a lot of time just sitting on the bench, disinterested. Now, these are just observations from one game. If he had a similar demeanor in other games as well, it’d come as no surprise to me that he’d step down.

gobirds85

I think this season has really beat them down. The week they played at Redbird on the Weekly Teleconference something like, “why can you do to get Givance and (forgot the other player) going?” He sighed and basically said he didn’t know and was at a loss. Fast forward to the game at Redbird when I believe Givance picked up a T, he through his hands up, sat down on the bench and put his hands over his face. It didn’t appear it was in regards to the call, but the player. He also spent a lot of time talking to his assistants during time outs instead of the team. I believe there were a couple of times where he didn’t address the team at all. Lastly he spent a lot of time just sitting on the bench, disinterested. Now, these are just observations from one game. If he had a similar demeanor in other games as well, it’d come as no surprise to me that he’d step down.

Dang, a coach who isn’t getting it done looks to be stepping down. I’m jealous of Eville.

TIMMY

Being 66, forgetful, and having a net worth upwards of $10 million makes it a little easier to walk away.

Redbirdfan06

After that second half at home against Evansville where Lickliter just mailed it in, I wonder if teams message boards say the same about us in losses. No adjustments, no care, just a poorly run program.

Top Bottom