Offered Jurrell Baldwin, 6'6 SF Hyde Park Academy

cpacmel

Offers from SLU and Murray State

Hyde Park coach Jerrel Oliver thought the new player in the program, Homewood-Flossmoor transfer Jurrell Baldwin, would be a “glue guy.”

Even after watching Baldwin in fall open gyms, the first-year coach says he had no idea or expected the 6-5 junior to be doing the things he’s doing for the Thunderbirds this season.

“I did not expect this,” Oliver admits. “I saw some things in the fall, but I did not see it trending this way.”
What Baldwin has done after playing on the sophomore team last year at Homewood-Flossmoor is become the go-to player for a top 25 team. The do-it-all threat who can play any perimeter position is averaging 18.1 points a game while hitting 57 three-pointers on the year and regularly posting double-doubles.

“To do what he’s done while playing in the league we play in?” Oliver said. “It’s mind-boggling. And his upside is just huge.”

Baldwin has a vintage offensive game. Whether it’s showcasing a soft jumper, facilitating with outstanding passing skills or turning into an isolation scorer, Baldwin has a knack for impacting in a big way on the offensive end.

Baldwin is one of several breakout players in the Class of 2024. Here are four other juniors who are in the midst of big, breakout seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom