JT Bohlken

redbirdfan04

This kid deserves his own thread after saving the game for us Saturday. He had 9 punts, averaged 47 yards per punt, and flipped the field on 8 of those punts. The one he didn't our coverage was terrible. Also I have watched the replay multiple times and I still can not believe a roughing the kicker penalty was not called on his first punt. The protection has been horrible for him. Our special teams play has been bad but it seems to be overlooked because of the great job JT has done kicking. I want to bring up another point. All summer this kid thought he would be the place kicker as well and then was recruited over. I know this happens all the time but he was given back the role this weekend and although he didn't have any long kicks he made every extra point and a field goal. At the end of the game it appears he was hurt because he did not kick the last extra point and had his plant leg wrapped with ice at the end of the game. Does anyone know if he is okay, as this would be a huge blow to the team.

bb fan

Great post on JT, redbirdfan04. I agree the roughing call should have been called. The official said the ball was tipped. I did not see it, and even if it was, he was hit by another rusher before the ball would have been tipped.

You mentioned you watched the reply several times. I have looked for the replay of the game, but can't find it in ESPN+. Where did you find it? I must have missed it.

redbirdfan04

bb fan said:
Great post on JT, redbirdfan04. I agree the roughing call should have been called. The official said the ball was tipped. I did not see it, and even if it was, he was hit by another rusher before the ball would have been tipped.

You mentioned you watched the reply several times. I have looked for the replay of the game, but can't find it in ESPN+. Where did you find it? I must have missed it.

I have att cable in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and the game was on 1741 nbc sports network(used to be comcast sports network ) The broadcast itself said it was Learfield sports.

fourthandshort

this guy has talent for sure ... I can see him becoming all conference at some point, if he stays on current track .. and healthy.

Reggie Redbird

redbirdfan04 said:
This kid deserves his own thread after saving the game for us Saturday. He had 9 punts, averaged 47 yards per punt, and flipped the field on 8 of those punts. The one he didn't our coverage was terrible. Also I have watched the replay multiple times and I still can not believe a roughing the kicker penalty was not called on his first punt. The protection has been horrible for him. Our special teams play has been bad but it seems to be overlooked because of the great job JT has done kicking. I want to bring up another point. All summer this kid thought he would be the place kicker as well and then was recruited over. I know this happens all the time but he was given back the role this weekend and although he didn't have any long kicks he made every extra point and a field goal. At the end of the game it appears he was hurt because he did not kick the last extra point and had his plant leg wrapped with ice at the end of the game. Does anyone know if he is okay, as this would be a huge blow to the team.

I was under the assumption from coach comments they would entertain Bohlken as the kicker and handling kickoffs but didn’t want him to put too much wear and tear on his leg. I don’t really but that argument because I can’t see it stressing his leg that much to do 2/3 or 3/3 of those duties.

fourthandshort

Reggie Redbird said:
redbirdfan04 said:

I was under the assumption from coach comments they would entertain Bohlken as the kicker and handling kickoffs but didn’t want him to put too much wear and tear on his leg. I don’t really but that argument because I can’t see it stressing his leg that much to do 2/3 or 3/3 of those duties.

Kickoffs are a big strain compared to XPs and FGs. I hope they let Fenlason (#36) do kickoffs .. he's done fine, plus we want to keep him ready as well. Doing both full duty will take a toll on Bohlken's (#41) leg. It's not just games, but practice as well.

Top Bottom