Jerry Stackhouse

ricohill

https://twitter.com/jerrystackhouse/status/1154944530388541442?s=21

Pretty classless. He bought out a game at Valpo then went on twitter to mock their fans.

Reggie Redbird

jnolan52 said:
Northwestern did the same thing to us.

NW didn’t pay us a dime for that game though. Our administrators failed to put together a contract that stipulated that. Considering Valpo’s upcoming season, they may prefer the $200k.

Besides a game vs Illinois, I’m not sure there are many teams I’d rather play one-off vs $200k unless it was a key part of our non-con that could get a bid. Just think of what $200k could do. That’s $50k more a year for 4 years for a major upgrade on an asst coach.

Redbird Alum 2004

ricohill said:
https://twitter.com/jerrystackhouse/status/1154944530388541442?s=21

Pretty classless. He bought out a game at Valpo then went on twitter to mock their fans.

Agreed. Not good optics.

Not a particularly good situation, however, he has had an incredibly long career without blemish. Probably deserves a pass, especially since he didn't write the contract

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Buffett

Reggie Redbird said:
jnolan52 said:

NW didn’t pay us a dime for that game though. Our administrators failed to put together a contract that stipulated that. Considering Valpo’s upcoming season, they may prefer the $200k.

Besides a game vs Illinois, I’m not sure there are many teams I’d rather play one-off vs $200k unless it was a key part of our non-con that could get a bid. Just think of what $200k could do. That’s $50k more a year for 4 years for a major upgrade on an asst coach.

Our ADS are not gonna stipulate anything vs Northwestern, That's Doug Collin's kids team man, tread lightly... DONT upset one of our few Golden Gooses.

B

BirdGrad2011

Jesus Shuttlesworth said:
Not a particularly good situation, however, he has had an incredibly long career without blemish. Probably deserves a pass, especially since he didn't write the contract

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

He coached a G league team and spent time as an NBA assistant. He has zero college coaching experience. If he keeps worrying about Twitter so much he’ll never last either.

Reggie Redbird

Buffett said:
Reggie Redbird said:
jnolan52 said:

Our ADS are not gonna stipulate anything vs Northwestern, That's Doug Collin's kids team man, tread lightly... DONT upset one of our few Golden Gooses.

I believe the contract was signed before Collins became HC, so I don't think that excuses not putting a buyout in the deal if they didn't hold up their end.

ChiRedbirdfan

Buffett said:
Reggie Redbird said:
jnolan52 [/quote said:

Hoping the content of post is satire but not certain. If not satire this could be one of the most outrageous concepts EVER, IMO